Perm-mounted Heat Controls? - Post your pics

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I'm trying to decided, 1) if I want permanently-wired controls, and 2) if so, where I should mount them.

I intend to buy dual controls. Before I make a decision I'd really appreciate any photos you might be able to post that show where you located your switches - regardless of whether you've mounted single or double.

Thanks!
stellarpod

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Hmmm,,never thought about doing that,,, I'll have to think about it some more before I start drilling and wiring more holes in BB.

juddspaintballs

Dual Sport Touring
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
STOC #
I just got my perm. mounted controller in the mail yesterday. I have a general idea where I want to mount it too (left fairing just below the pocket on my 1100). I thought about trying to find a less permanent location, such as the actual pocket lid to my right fairing pocket, but I don't plan on never taking the controller out unless it needs replaced with a new one so I can afford to drill a couple holes in my fairing for it.

OP
OP
stellarpod

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Also means that if I were to ever get a second bike all I'd have to add is the pigtail power plug which takes all of a couple of minutes and I can easily move between rides.
That's a good point. Although I like the idea of hard-mounted controls there is merit to the portable controls for switching from bike to bike. I expect to use portable for the pillion position anyway. Think I'll buy the portable first, use it awhile and then decide if I want a permanent mount. If so, I'll buy them and still keep the portable controls for the passenger.

stellarpod

OP
OP
stellarpod

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Nice, clean install Kessie. I like the idea of using the right side, leaving the left clean for future Honda heated grip install option.

stellarpod

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
That's a good point. Although I like the idea of hard-mounted controls there is merit to the portable controls for switching from bike to bike. I expect to use portable for the pillion position anyway. Think I'll buy the portable first, use it awhile and then decide if I want a permanent mount. If so, I'll buy them and still keep the portable controls for the passenger.

stellarpod
Here is my portable mount, so as to move from bike to bike. These pictures are on the ST.

STOC #
Here's mine. Ones for grips and the other is for my gear. The socket is for my GPS and intercom. Gear plugs in near the suspension adjuster. The other plug near the adjuster is for the SO's gear and she has her own dual controller that clips to or in a pocket.
Can someone tell me how to attach pictures that I have already posted? I always get an error message telling me I have already attached them.
Here's the post links.
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34410
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34519

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Top Bottom