Oxford hot grips//ST1100

:)Hi folks as above has anyone fited the oxford hot grips onto there ST1100(1990)And if so what do you think,i am a little bit wearey of this because of the 28amp alltinator,mind you i have no other extras on it..

thanks in advance;;;;;

NB Just saw on the news were Bush was attacked by a flying shoe,,,,
just as well he is getibg the BOOT anyway :)

Bike
94 st1100
I installed these on my 94 (28 amper) last year. On the highway, the volt meter drops from 14.7 to about 14.2. I don't run any other electrics or higher watt headlights so I'm not concerned about the alternator. These work great and I would highly recommend them. Hope this helps.

Monterey10

04 Blue ST1300
Bike
VStrom, VTX, ST
I think the Strom's alternator is smaller than the ST's. I like my Oxfords heaterz. The grip is comfortable. The heat is very even through the grip. The newer electronic controller works better than the ol' two position switch found on some heated grips.

There's nothing worse than riding through the snow, cheap heated grips on high. Parts of your hands are iced over. The other parts are so hot that they're trailing smoke. You don't want to shut them off because you're so cold, so you just endure the hot spots and pain.

OP
OP
Just checking old posts,,,fitted the hotgrips last night and a good job they are,habds will be as snug as bugs in rugs for the winter,now if we could do something about the rain here we would be right,,it has rained ever day this summer so far,yesterday and today were the first 2 days it didnt rain,,so its load the caravan time and piss off for the weekend me thinks:p::p:

Top Bottom