PDA

View Full Version : Lets get together for an RTE?

AGST
01-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Hey guys!!

Its been a while since anyone posted here in the NW forum. How about we get together for a local RTE soon? Good excuse to talk about plans for WeStoc, the end of winter ride up Mt St Helen's or a repeat of last years Olympic peninsula ride.

Any thoughts.

dm_mg
01-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Count me in :)
There are some good places in Anacortes, WA (http://maps.google.com/maps?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=anacortes,+wa&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title)

DM

ocho nueve
01-22-2009, 02:50 AM
I'm in Bill. Lets do it soon!

AGST
01-22-2009, 09:33 AM
OK guys lets settle on a date and see who turns up. I have an event this Saturday 24th so how about the following weekend.

Last weekend I rode from Everett up Marine Drive, Pioneer Hwy to Conway, then to La Conner and met a friend for lunch at the Rockfish Grill in Anacortes. We then did Chuckanut Drive, through Bellingham stopped at Scooter Stuff and headed south on Hwy9. So I know all these roads are open and clear of water. There was some icy patches on Marine Drive early in the day and a little loose stuff on Chuckunut but nothing really bad.

I propose that we meet up at the Rockfish Grill in Anacortes for food at 12.00pm on Sat 31st Jan. That will give us at least 3 hours after eating to either ride up Chuckanut or maybe down Whitby Island before it gets dark.

Any other ideas welcome of course.

toolman
01-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Interested in the 31st option.

Of note, the Port Townsend ferry is passenger only until the 15th of February. Check the WSF web site for details.

Lake Cle Elum
01-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Great idea - My road in Cle Elum is pure ice - I'll make the next one.....Have fund.....

Bob S.
'04 ST1300

randy the x man
01-23-2009, 08:19 AM
I think that the biggest thing on getting a ride togehter is simply to set a time and date. Saturday the 31 is ok for me. I will be there.

If anyone is interested in meeting at the Jack In The Box on 164th st (east of Walmart) for a group ride to Anacortes post up and we will set a time.

Comon local riders lets getogether maybe it will lead to more (some) local activitey this year.

Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com
www.nwmotorcycleroads.com
www.nwmotorcycletouring.com
www.nwmotorcyclerider.com

AGST
01-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Now that we have a date, time and place for this RTE. Should I go ahead and post it on the RTE forum?

ocho nueve
01-24-2009, 02:03 AM
I'm still interested......but I just switched to graveyard so a noon meet in Anacortes will mean I might need to take some time off the night before.....hmmm...

randy the x man
01-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Now that we have a date, time and place for this RTE. Should I go ahead and post it on the RTE forum?

You might make a seperate post on the RTE. But I dont usually look at that. It would be great to get al Northwesterners to make this forum area active.

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com

AGST
01-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Randy

What time were you thinking for the meet at jack in the box?

bakerbear1300
01-29-2009, 06:07 PM
new to this site
live in Bellingham
would like to meet for the ride
bought st 1300 last june
4000 miles later still love to ride

Jeff Clegg

AGST
01-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Hi Jeff

Welcome, I will definitely be at the Rockfish Grill in Anacortes Saturday at 12.00. Not sure how many others will make it though.

brents
01-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Hello Bill, Jeff,
I'm planning to ride up tomorrow from Renton. I'm going to leave early and ride the long way up. Looking forward to meeting some other ST owners in person.
Brent

randy the x man
01-31-2009, 08:24 AM
Randy

What time were you thinking for the meet at jack in the box?

I am not going to be able to make the JIB meet. A couple of things have come up. I think I can still make it but wont know till 9 or so. I will post up before then. Other wise I will just have to catch you there.

Thanks
Randy The X Man

PNWSTMan
01-31-2009, 07:14 PM
My crappy luck I log in on the day of...
I will try to make the next one!

brents
02-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Recap:
7 bikes and riders made the RTE, 5 on ST1300's along with a Duc and a Kbike. Silver was well represented! Lunch was excellent. After lunch some of us rode to the top of a nearby lookout for a view of Anacortes. Pictures attached. Afterwards, we went our separate ways. I rode home via Marine Drive for a few more glimpses of the Sound on what turned out to be a beautiful sunny day. I logged 240 miles for the day and confirmed what I have read here: the stock seat is a torture device!

Bill, Jeff, Dimitri, Randy- nice to meet you guys, look forward to seeing you again in the future. Randy, I forgot the names of your buddies, but please send my regards to them as well!

AGST
02-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the phot's Brent...... lets do it again soon.

Anybody want to make a suggestion for the next one....... dare we try and do this once a month?

Tim D.
02-02-2009, 07:36 PM
It sounds like I missed the ride...I will watch for the next posting, or drop a note.

Tim D.

Gig Harbor, WA

randy the x man
02-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Here is a Ride Report

http://www.nwbikers.com/RDRW_013109RTEAnacortes.html

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com
www.nwmotorcyclerider.com

Tim D.
02-08-2009, 11:09 AM
I am in for a ride When and Where??

Tim D

Gig Harbor, WA

redrocket
02-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Me too, just need to get my seat back into Rich's shop for some fine-tuning.

ocho nueve
02-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Me too, just need to get my seat back into Rich's shop for some fine-tuning.

Rich is moving his shop to Kingston soon (if he hasn't already).

STimpa
02-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Randy, et. al.,

I'm jealous... looks like you gentlemen had a great time over there on the more moderate side of the state (climate wise). Over here, I still have at least a foot of snow on the front yard, and it snowed this morning:cool: We don't seem to have much interest over here in a ST RTE, but we'll keep trying. Perhaps I can make one of yours when the weather cooperates. I could make a weekend ride and get in on some of the fun.

Best wishes into the season, and looking forward to WeSTOC,