PDA

View Full Version : Crashed my wife's bike... Uh OH!

gazoo
05-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Mrs. Gazoo and I had just spent the morning installing lowering links and sliding the fork tubes up on her SV650S. She's so happy now that she can get both feet down.

I was taking it over to the local shop to get the kickstand shortened. Two blocks from the house, I miss read the traffic pattern on a right hand yield and needed to STOP! Now, I know I can haul up the ST1300 mid corner, and I wasn't going that fast - but Mrs. Gazoo's Suzuki? Nope. Her front brakes are WAY more touchy than the ST's. So - an unfamilliar bike, combined with a little bit of gravel and a lot of urgency and down I went.

The Suzuki has a couple fresh scratches, bent brake pedal and smashed signal light. My elbow armour took most of the blow.

Anyhow - I picked it up and kept going. Took an awfull lot of ribbing from the boys at the shop. Especially after Mrs. Gazoo walked in to check on our progress...

New kickstand works GREAT!

Gazoo

skyboybry
05-14-2009, 02:36 PM
You're in trouuuble!!! Where's the pics?

sbB

Capt_Gruuvy
05-14-2009, 02:40 PM
You may want to head over to your local DaBeers and purchase a little sumpin' sumpin' for her wrist ....

kc0bid
05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
How does you couch sleep?

st1300r
05-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Doh!
I hear the weather is nice in France this time of year...

STNY
05-14-2009, 03:19 PM
It will buff right out... right!

John Anthony
05-14-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm sure there are worse things you could have done, but right now, I can't think of any of them. Just remember that there's always a light on at your friendly Motel 6!

John

finalchecker
05-14-2009, 03:48 PM
I see a new Solo Toto t shirt in the works.:p:

BigTom
05-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I hate to tell you, I've been married 3 times, and I NEVER wrecked one of my ex's bikes:)

billo
05-14-2009, 07:39 PM
You poor *******. You will never hear the end of it. Jesus, B*****d just got bleeped!

gazoo
05-15-2009, 12:33 AM
OK, a quick trip to the stealer and a little elbow grease and it's good to go! I got about half the scratches out...

Pics to follow.

Gazoo

P.S. For some reason, my right hip has started aching. Hmmmmmmm. Must be arthritis...

Karen
05-15-2009, 04:52 AM
I would park your bike on grass for a while, she just might walk up to it and kick it over at random and say...Oppsie!

kc0bid
05-15-2009, 06:02 AM
If it makes you feel any better I backed over my son's bike a few days ago. Seeing your six year old crying hugging a metal pretzel will rip your heart out. I think I would have rather dropped my ST.

SammyTheSnake
05-15-2009, 06:08 AM
If it makes you feel any better I backed over my son's bike a few days ago. Seeing your six year old crying hugging a metal pretzel will rip your heart out. I think I would have rather dropped my ST.

God forbid that he's on it next time.

Take care out there!

Cheers & God bless
Sam "SammyTheSnake" Penny

Karen
05-15-2009, 06:21 AM

I'll bet he gets real religious about putting the new one away when he's done riding it though.....

gazoo
05-15-2009, 10:46 AM

Ouch! Agreed. It could be a cool bonding moment to go shopping together for a new shiny one! YAY!

gazoo
05-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Some pics

gazoo
05-15-2009, 12:16 PM
and the rest of the pics...

Let me first say that Mrs. Gazoo and I had a blast reading your replies together. The brake pedal and front signal light were replaced easily. The rest, we buffed out as much as reasonable.

So now the bike is lowered on both ends, kickstand shortened, and crash damage repaired. Mrs. Gazoo is happy again.

Today, we RIDE!

Gazoo

P.S.
Remember: It was my failure to read traffic that put me down in the first place. It was a rookie mistake from a 20 year veteran that lead to my first ever crash on the road. Keep you heads up out there.

Carl_T
05-15-2009, 12:52 PM
I was going to say I have two words for you, "frame sliders." Then I saw the picture of the frame slider :p:

So I've got Three words for you... "Longer Frame Sliders." :D:p:

BigTom
05-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Quote by CarlT
So I've got Three words for you... "Longer Frame Sliders."

See? I told you! Bigger is better!:)

Hey, Carl. How come you're not camping this weekend?????

cmotor
05-16-2009, 07:33 AM
After seeing the pics, I agree with Karen, best to park on the grass for a little while...:D