Upcoming ElectraGlide Adventure

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
Those things are really comfy, enjoy the view and dont fall asleep...If its a newer one your gas range is on par with the ST. Your face shield will stay much cleaner, enjoy. Its a much different experience then the ST, sit back and enjoy rather then compare the difference and you might just like it. Get ready for conversation at gas stops.

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Interesting. I, too, am getting ready for a test ride on a Harley. I've arranged for a two-day rental of a 2009 Ultra Classic over the 4th of July weekend. Carla and I are headed to Memphis to spend two days riding with my brother and his wife. We opted to rent the Ultra Classic from Bumpass Harley in Memphis.

Although the ST works great for me when soloing, it simply is not up to the task of multiple day touring for the wife and I. Comfort and carrying capacity are the issues for my wife. But, I have no intentions of getting rid of the ST. IF we buy an Ultra Classic, it will be in ADDITION to the ST.

A Coupe De Ville is a nice ride occasionally, but I'm not giving up my Porsche for it. :D

Steve

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Advice? Hmmmmm, if you don't already possess a bike lift, get one. It will save your back polishing.

sulman

Introvert
Last week at my local Harley Dealership, I parked my 99 FLHT next to an 09 FLHTC, jumped on and took a nice hour-long demo. The 09 feels like a COMPLETELY different ride. It even felt pretty good in the semi-twisties. Exceptional.

The bigger engine, the overdrive, and the reworked chassis make for a wonderful ride. HD got it right on this one.

I LOVE my Electra Glide and it has been absolutely trouble free, but am SERIOUSLY considering trading up to the 09.

sul

OP
OP
Nevada
Bike
'06 ST1300A
Well, 'tis only an adventure, I'm not planning on buying one. In fact, this whole fla de la revolves around the sale of a 100th Anniversary 'Glide. (At least I think it's 100th.)

A friend of mine is selling her ElectraGlide and Camaro to her brother who lives in Amarillo. He's flying out here to drive the Camaro home, I'm going to ride the 'Glide to Amarillo and then fly back here. Nothin' quite like a 800+ mile opportunity to experience the "Harley thang".

When I get back, I'll have to see if I can finagle a spin in her new Camaro. :D

Top Bottom