Harley Forum

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
All the guys I ride with own Harleys. Most of them are non-technical, but since I have a long history of taking things apart and, more importantly, putting them back together, I help keep the local HD dealer from ripping them off too badly.

Recently I encountered an issue I can't resolve independently. I need the kind of help I routinely find here. The bike in question is a 2003 100th Aniversary Ultra Classic with all the bells and whistles. The issue revolves around playing MP3's on CDROM in the built-in CD player. Specifically, it should do so but won't, regardless of how the CDR is burned (it's a good thing discs are cheap).

Can anyone recommend a Harley forum that is strong technically, especially in the areas of electrical and on-board entertainment.

Thanks,

OP
OP
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Everything I've read says MP3's should just play, but I'm afraid you're right and an upgrade is needed.

The HD dealer charges just to connect (but, then, so does the Chevy dealer - Auto Nation is a very efficient currency extraction machine). Actually making a change costs even more.

RCS

Upgrade is probably needed to play MP3's. I own a Bose radio - nice - that is about 10 years new. Plays CD's great but won't play MP3's. However, my 2005 Jeeps CD player plays MP3's and regular CD's.

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
The radios prior to the 2006 models don't play MP3s. I've been down that road. Its the Harmon Kardon?

Top Bottom