Hi Lo Switch Mount

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
That turned out remarkably well. :cool:

Ray

Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
Now try to waterproof it because that switch, for the heated grips, will eventually fail due to water intrusion. at least many here have remarked on that occurance. Mine did.

Bike
'12 GL1800
STOC #
Now try to waterproof it because that switch, for the heated grips, will eventually fail due to water intrusion. at least many here have remarked on that occurance. Mine did.
For crying out loud.....why did you have to go & say a thing like that!!:confused:

I was just about to punch a hole in my fairing, just below the left side storage pocket. Now, you have me second guessing. I just purchased the kit with the same switch - everything installed, except the switch. Does anyone make a good waterproof switch that is compact like the supplied switch?

John

OP
OP
Bike
06' ST1300
STOC #
yes,
I gave some thought to this and am looking for a source of "silicone rubber film" it is thin, translucent, and could be attached with silicone sealant. Cut a circle about the size of a quarter and attach over the switch. should keep the elements out and still operate the rocker. what do you think? willy

OP
OP
Bike
06' ST1300
STOC #
yes,
I located a silicone film that should work very well. It can be attached with silicon seal adhesive. It is available from Mcmaster-Carr 562 692 5911, item # 5827T21 12"X12" sheet $10.17 if you need a piece, call me. willy

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
I located a silicone film that should work very well. It can be attached with silicon seal adhesive. It is available from Mcmaster-Carr 562 692 5911, item # 5827T21 12"X12" sheet $10.17 if you need a piece, call me. willy
I'm interested in what it looks like after you apply it....could you post a pic? I'm installing mine this weekend as long as my relays from Aerostitch arrive today... (Installing a Stebel as well)

Bike
2006 ST1300
I've never had grip heaters but had decided to try the symtecs this winter. Do you wind up changing the settings often while riding? Could the switch be mounted inside one of the fairing pockets?

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
I've never had grip heaters but had decided to try the symtecs this winter. Do you wind up changing the settings often while riding? Could the switch be mounted inside one of the fairing pockets?
The last time I had grip heaters (WHen I lived in Arkansas and road whenever the roads were clear) I would start the bike and while it was wrming, I'd put the grip heaters on High to get warmed up....once underway, I'd switch them to low and they were just right...

You can install the switch wherever you want really....I like the switch housing so there's nothing to disconnect when pulling a fairing...:D

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Dielectric grease sounds promising. Any specifics?
Posted via Mobile Device
Available on any auto parts place. Helps keep connectors from corroding.
You can get it in the swtich and some have found that it protects the contacts.

I would bet a beer that vasalene would work just as well.

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
I unhooked any and all connectors that I can get to and put dielectric grease on them, always have and always will, works great.

Top Bottom