synergy heated gear/please share your thoughts

i forgot my sweatshirt this weekend on the brp and was a little cool in the morning. got me thinking how nice heated gloves and a vest would be. after 40 years of riding it's time. i moved from boston to n.c because i hated the cold so much. i have two bikes so im sure i need 2 harness can i buy the gloves and add the vest later [what do i need to set this up it can get pretty chilly on the parkway in the fall] motor sport.com has the gloves for $125 thanks

STranger

Jay Knight
Bike
99 ST1100
STOC #
I have a synergy vest. I like it heated collar and all. If you were planning on using it a whole bunch I would spend out the bucks for gerbring or similar with the troller. The 3 positions with the vest are not always just right but it keeps you warm and happy. I've ridden to 24 degrees and left it on medium.
But I'm kind o hot blooded. I don't use heated gloves just heated grips. Same thing there I have cheap grip heaters $35 bucks or so and they are never just right and take a little to warm up. I guess the real answer is you get what you pay for like most things motorcycle.
One more thing on the vest I find the control cord a little short which can make it a pita to mess with but I worked out a little system.....

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
If you are gonna do it I would go for the heated jacket liner instead of a vest. Still packs small and you'll appreciated the heat in the sleaves if it's cold enough for heat.

The WarmNsafe or Powerlet heated gear plugs together. I'm sure the Gerbing is the same. You can run the gloves off the jacket liner or run them on a separate controller for indendant heat control. Either way the gloves plug into the sleaves of the jacket and there is a jumper connector in the pocket.

You will probably find you want to run the gloves full out and the jacket with less power. Heated grips are a nice cheap farkle that's always with you.

Oh, gear that uses a barrel connector instead of the sae connector disconnects easily should you forget you're are plugged in and hop off the bike :)

I use the Synergy jacket liner and love it. Go for the sleeved version no matter what brand you buy. The Tourmaster gear comes with the controller, which seems to have had all the bugs (failures) worked out. Mine has never failed. With heated grips I haven't needed the heated gloves.

+1 I have the Jacket and gloves. They work great in the Colorado winters. Everything you need is with the garment and the gloves will plug right into the jacket. I would get the jacket not the vest. Since you have two bikes you will get one plug for the bike side when you get the gloves and a second when you get the jacket. Put one on each bike and you are good to go.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
I think www.webbikeworld.com did a review of the Synergy gear.

I'm partial to my Warm'n'safe liner. It has elastic side panels which hold the heated parts of the vest close to your body, which makes heat transfer more efficient. I've had Gerbing's heated gloves for years, and they're wonderful. Although if I had to by new ones I'd seriously consider the warm'n'safe gloves, too.

Top Bottom