Sometimes it good to be a biker ;)

Bike
'07 ST
STOC #
Our MC is the selected rider group for a dealer auction house here in Western NC, and this is the second time I've been able to do it. We ride all the bikes from a parking lot to an auction bay (like Barrett Jackson, just smaller level), and then to a parking bay, and then go get another one. This is mainly an auction of repossessed bikes, 98% Harleys. Some special items are mixed in like sportbikes, dirtbikes, duals, customs, but they exist in a very small amount. The Harleys range from brand new with low miles, to wrecked and running, to just plain worn out. We get to ride them all. Today we moved 140 bikes, and there were about 10 riders. I rode a lot of Ultra Classics today, but I got a shot of me on a nice Road Glide. The last one I rode today was an '08 Fatboy Screaming Eagle with about 5,000 on the clock, perfect condition and custom paint. NO SALE. Bidding started at $17,000! On the way in they had some "junk" bikes sitting out front. This "thing" was there in the mix...had to get pics.

Attachments

OP
OP
purdy75
Bike
'07 ST
STOC #
I would like to add that our club (BMW) has been doing this for years. It takes place once a month, and we do get paid. BUT, we have them cut the check to a local charity of our choosing, usually the Red Cross and the South Mountain Children's Home. They use us for the reason that we are not "bikers", but riders. It's the ability to safely ride and switch bikes on-the-fly that they prefer. People are buying these to resell.

Some of these bikes won't even start and have to be jumped. Once running you don't even turn them off until parked. We give them plenty of warm up also. It's about a 10 minute process from the time you park one to the time you're released on the next to go to the block. One more thing. This is an auto auction at the same time. It looks like an airport with vehicles going everywhere in all directions at once.:mw1:

It really makes me appreciate the ST. The hours of shaking and noise actually gives me a headache. :D

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I think that one with the hook was stolen from the bumper cars at my local carnival. Please return it immediately. :D

--Mark

Top Bottom