Gerbing G3 or T5?

Byron

STOC #
Being new to the US market there may not be many with any first hand knowledge of them. I can say the G3 works great for me. I dislike bulky gloves and the G3's are not bulky.

OP
OP
Mountain Mike

Mountain Mike

I frequent the IBA Motel
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Right now my complaint is no matter what I buy I will need to wear over-gloves, adding to the bulk.

Why cant anyone make heated-protective-waterproof gloves?

bs

Bike
04 ST-1300
I have an older pair of Gerbing heated gloves that are similar to the G5. They are very warm, but they are bulky. I have since added 'HotGrips' heated grips and only use my Gerbings in extreme weather. :bl13:

Hashimoto

I Hate Snow
Bike
2006 ST-1300
STOC #
I bought a pair of Gerbing gloves last year. Can't remember which version, but they look a little different than the current models, so I think they've been updated. They are a little bulky, but not enough to be a problem. You will want a controller, or your hands will cook. I'd recommend the dual controller, as you'll probably end up with a pair of socks or jacket liner as well.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Check out Warm-n-safe before you pull the trigger!!! I found the G-3's to have too much bulk in the palm. The Warm-n-safes keep the backs of my hands and fingers warm, but allow more feel of the grips with the palm of the glove.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I just ordered a full set of heated gear from Warm and Safe!! Seem to be good people to work with!!

Warm and safe's touring glove says it has

Reflective piping on top of hand
Carbon fiber protection on molded knuckles
Porelle? Breathable, "Waterproof" Membrane
Reinforced Protection in Palm
Rubber shield wipe, Thumb-mounted
Pre-curved fingers
No annoying wires in the palm
A layer of Thinsulate

RCS

The G3's worked very well for me - 600 mile ride in 27 - 32 degrees F. I also purchased some $10 overgloves and sprayed them with 3M waterproofer. Works great in pouring rain.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I have the G3s. It has to be pretty cold to turn the power on; they're fairly warm unplugged. They are waterproof, but the leather will soak up rain. Gerbing suggests treating the leather. If it's cold enough to use the Gerbings, and it's raining, I'd be concerned about ice...

OP
OP
Mountain Mike

Mountain Mike

I frequent the IBA Motel
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I ended up with the G3's.

Are they supposed to only heat the backs of your hands? It feels chilly under and between the fingers on both gloves...

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
I bought the symtec heated grips, dont think Ive used my heated gloves since. I use Olympia gloves if it gets below 30 I will slip on some thin liners inside the Oly's. Below teens I have some of the blue waterproof gloves from Aerostitch, like dish gloves, I add to the mix and my hands stay toasty. I carry my gerbings all winter, but find I like this setup better.

Top Bottom