Heated Grips

Bike
'07 ST-1300A
Greetings,

Does anyone have advise on a source for a quality heated grip for my '07 ST-1300?

Thanks!

WheelerP

COLUMBUS, NC, welcome neighbor! Yes, that link for the elements from Casporttouring would be a good one. I got my grips from Dual Star.com

Bullmoose45

Bullmoose
Bike
ST 1300
I really hate to say this but, the Honda grips are as good if not better than the heated grips on my Bmw and they always have good heated grips.
I would spring for the Honda grips and save somewhere else. Seeing that you are in Illinois, you will use them more than most guys.
I tried other brands but they just don't cut it when it comes to a real heated grip.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I have the Honda grips, which have four settings from warm to incinerate. They are so much warmer than the DualStars on my Versys (which has handguards, too) that it's no contest. My Honda grips died after two seasons and were replaced under warranty, no issues the last five seasons.

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
My bike came with the Honda grips installed. So far they have worked very well. I made a bracket and moved the controller up to the left handlebar. It was difficult to operate with gloves on, and very hard to see the green status indicators from the left fairing.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Make sure to get a variable "heat-troller" as opposed to using a three position off-low-high switch. Well worth the extra cost. I'm pretty sure the documentation will instruct you to coat the left handle bar with tape to prevent the handlebar from sinking heat away from the grip and will keep the heat level pretty even between the grips.

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
+1 on the Honda heated grips. Four heat levels, has worked well for me for a bit less than a year. And the controller looks like it belongs on the bike.

BTW - I also use Grip Puppy foam grip covers and the Honda heated grips still work great, even through the foam.

Steve

Bike
2007 st1300
Just another opinion from Balmy Cleveland . I have the cheapy heat tapes $20.00 and a 3 psition marine grade switch off ebay for $5.00 , along with the grip puppies. 90% of the time I run them on low . On their 3 rd year work great.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I am partial to Hot Grips, great design and robust, will transfer the heat to your hands, not the bars. Install with a little high temp RTV gasket maker, add a variable controller. Lots of options out there.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Symtech and bmw grips here. Cheap and it works. They have different wattage elements for for the throttle sleave and clutch side bar. The spdt hi/low switch works fine for me.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
My Symtec heaters/BMW grips have been great. Never felt a need for more variable control.
That's what I did. Except $7 grips! Switch that came with the Symtec shorted out so I bought a marine switch with a boot. They work fine. I don't run them on high very often.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I ran my new Aerostich pads under BMW grips (two throttle side grips with added insulation under the left side) extensively with generic hippo hands from Cabellas this weekend. Temps only down to low 50s but I wear summer gloves all year.

Someone else had mentioned the BMW grips don't pass the heat well but I found'em to be fine under the hippo hands.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Honda Heated Grips. Simple plug in and ready to go (with the exception of having to mount the switch) I'm a happy camper.
...but pricey.

Still, pair of BmW grips ~$30, heated pads ~$35, Warm 'n Safe controller ~$60. How much did the Honda grips cost again? :D

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
George, have you had any issues using those cabela's "mittens". I got some ATV things just like those last year that connect to the bars quickly and easily with a strip of velcro. They seemed pretty good for occassional use? Didn't seem to be any problems getting hands in or out of em.

Top Bottom