So are the customers doing R&D now??

Mountain Mike

I frequent the IBA Motel
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I wonder if they are changing their minds about expanding sales and service into India? I guess it wouldent hurt if the shops are interdependently owned.

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
So. Nice way to start a working relationship with a city. Call it something else. I'm pretty sure there isn't a Yucca, AZ. I think they wanted to say "Yuma Proving Grounds, Yuma, AZ". I haven't seen an announcement here, but GM just finished a serious test track here.

The cynic in me might ask what they have to R&D, anyway? Push rod seals and maximum allowable decibel level on replacement pipes?

OP
OP
veefore

veefore

See you at my intervention!
Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
So. Nice way to start a working relationship with a city. Call it something else. I'm pretty sure there isn't a Yucca, AZ. I think they wanted to say "Yuma Proving Grounds, Yuma, AZ". I haven't seen an announcement here, but GM just finished a serious test track here.

The cynic in me might ask what they have to R&D, anyway? Push rod seals and maximum allowable decibel level on replacement pipes?
I agree with your cynicism - my thought is: when your still seeing recalls on bikes that have utilized essentially the same technology for - ever, R&D might have some benefits. I really think that losing Buell and MV was just cutting the pinky off of a patient with much bigger problems.....

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
There is so a Yucca, Arizona, about 20 miles south of Kingman. Used to be Ford Proving Grounds, then Chrysler. Don't know who owns it now. That's where I did my testing for Harley before they moved it to Yuma. Moved back to Yucca about a year ago.

Maybe I could get my old job back. :D

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
what's with all the negative waves?
hire a coupla wiz kid engineers from AMF and they'll be back on top

what's with all the negative waves?
hire a coupla wiz kid engineers from AMF and they'll be back on top
Didn't some of the same kid engineers make sport fish yachts? What an interesting combination...oh, I think bowling balls were in the mix somewhere.:hat2:

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
Yep, like maybe George wouldn't know?

There is indeed a Yucca, AZ, with a proving ground. I didn't know it as Yucca, thought it's name was McDowell or McDonnel or some such. I stand by the rest of my post, though.

Top Bottom