Gerbing Heated Gloves

Bike
Honda ST1300
Well, you guys have convinced me that gerbing gloves are the way to go, so I am seeking out advice for what I will need. I have two places on my st1300 right down under the side of the seat that I can plug in heated gear. The plugs avalible are not a standard cigertte lighter size they are a little smaller. I am hoping to buy some used gloves either from here or ebay, but I don't know as far as wires what I will need. If someone has or knows of some that are XL or XxL for sale let me know I am in the market to buy some now. Thanks

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Check out Warm-n-safe before you pull the trigger on Gerbing's. I have a pair of both and the WNS are my go tos. Much more comfortable than the Gerbing's.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
By the way: If you have Powerlet receptacles installed, Gerbings sells a well made Powerlet to coax patch cord. (Which I found after cobbling together a homemade version. Oh well, at least I have a spare now...)

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Re: Gerbing Hated Gloves

+1 on what Mac said.

I really like my Warm and Safe gloves. Check out there web sight. I know they had seconds on sale for as little as $85. I also picked up their new gen4 troller and This thing really rocks!!!!!

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #

Mac, which warm and safe gloves to you have? I have the super knuckles version (powerlet branded) that aren't as warm as I'd hoped.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #

I don't know what model they are, Carole gave them to me. I like them 'cause the palms aren't bulky and the fingers are curled to fit the handle grips.

Attachments

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I have a pair of Firstgear Heated Rider Gloves ( http://www.firstgear-usa.com/fgweb3.nsf/Products/465991BBFBD0C4F88625733F0070AF5F?opendocument ) and they ROCK!!!

I have a circulatory issues that basically eliminate me from riding without heated grips or gloves when the temp drops below 60. Fingers turn to little ice tentacles and I can't feel a thing.

I bought those gloves from a shop on a pit stop during a ride down to PA in the pouring rain. Temp was right around 60, but with the rain it was just miserable. Well these gloves, WITHOUT the heating element installed, kept my hands dry and warm. Now that I have the heat troller hooked up to them, I have ridden when the temp has been down to 35 in the morning. They are just great gloves.

As best I can tell, they use the same connectors as the Gerbing stuff. I was planning on buying a heated jacket and connecting these directly to the jacket.

One note, they are only heated on the top side. I guess they figure the bottom is to be heated by a heated grip system.

Regardless of which brand you choose, heated clothing is the way to go!

Bike
2113 BMW 1600GT
Don't forget that gerbings are warranted for life. And no heated glove lasts forever. With Gerbing, you are set for life.
My only complaint with them is that they are not totally waterproof. But I haven't found any leather glove that is, even after wax treatment.

OP
OP
Bike
Honda ST1300
I already have the oem heated grips so I am not freezing at this point, but in the temps I ride in I just want that tosty feeling. I will say that I have looked both at gerbing and warm and safe gloves, it just seems like it's more than personal preference, with the gerbings on top. I will keep looking in my opinion I don't think either glove is a bad choice. Anyone have the glove cable and troller that they would like to get off there hands let me k:chatter:now.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
The Gerbing gloves come with the glove cable (they call it a harness) and the hook-up harness to the battery.

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Well, you guys have convinced me that gerbing gloves are the way to go, so I am seeking out advice for what I will need. I have two places on my st1300 right down under the side of the seat that I can plug in heated gear. The plugs avalible are not a standard cigertte lighter size they are a little smaller. I am hoping to buy some used gloves either from here or ebay, but I don't know as far as wires what I will need. If someone has or knows of some that are XL or XxL for sale let me know I am in the market to buy some now. Thanks
I suggest you go for the G3s. I had the classics, and like a lot of people found that they are too bulky in the palm. The liner slides against the leather, and it felt like my hand was sliding around on the grip. The G3 have to a great extend solved the problem. Compared to the other heated gloves I've seen (first gear, made by Warm N Safe I think, some other one), the Gerbings are much finer leather and construction by far. Really nice quality and good feeling leather.

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie

I don't know what model they are, Carole gave them to me. I like them 'cause the palms aren't bulky and the fingers are curled to fit the handle grips.
Those are Warm N Safes, or Powerlet, or First Gear. All come from the same factory with more or less the same design.

Bike
2008 ST1300a
The G-3s worked on longer trips when the temperatures were in the 40s and above. For short commutes they were fine in the 30s. But for longer rides at Interstate speeds, my hands froze.

The dealer where I purchased the gloves only carried the G-3s; there is only a $30 price difference. Had I known what I know now, I would have purchased Gerbings T-5 gloves instead of the G-3s. I was able to exchange the G-3s for the T-5s thanks to the kindness of Tina in their Technical Support.

Check out Revzill's comparison on Winter Gloves.
http://www.revzilla.com/cold-weather-motorcycle-glove-guide

Last edited:

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
The G-3s worked on longer trips when the temperatures were in the 40s and above. For short commutes they were fine in the 30s. But for longer rides at Interstate speeds, my hands froze.

The dealer where I purchased the gloves only carried the G-3s; there is only a $30 price difference. Had I known what I know now, I would have purchased Gerbings T-5 gloves instead of the G-3s. I was able to exchange the G-3s for the T-5s thanks to the kindness of Tina in their Technical Support.

Check out Revzill's comparison on Winter Gloves.
http://www.revzilla.com/cold-weather-motorcycle-glove-guide
Are you saying the T-5 is warmer? Details....

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
My opinion, the T-5s aren't bulky (but I don't have a G-3 to compare them to). The Gerbing sales rep I talked to said the T-5's have the most thermal blanket and highest fabric/leather weight, they are the heaviest (warmest) Gerbing makes.

Given my poor finger and toe circulation, I find my T-5's don't keep my fingers from going cold/tingling below ~20?F and so I add another layer over them for colder rides. I already wear a liner inside.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Sounds like the G3's I had. IMHO, the liner didn't breathe and got damp, then nothing would make it get warm. Warm & Safe Ultimates are great.

Top Bottom