What's The Catch?

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Email him and ask why they're 2nds... If they are cosmetic I'd jump on them (well I would except I bought mine (and Chris's) last year!).

Mark

OP
OP
st11ray

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Email him and ask why they're 2nds... If they are cosmetic I'd jump on them (well I would except I bought mine (and Chris's) last year!).

Mark
I just emailed them, so we will see? Mark, I also noticed in the warranty section that it voids the warranty if you cut the battery terminals off and hook the heat troller to a fuse box. How do you have yours connected? I was planning on running them through my PC8. I don't want a "bird's nest" at my battery terminals.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
On one bike I have them direct to the battery (no fuse block yet) on the other I cut the wires and put them into my fuse block...

His Heat-trollers don't break... :)

OP
OP
st11ray

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Here is the answer from Mike Coan. These are Gen 2 liners. Are they any good?

"It is cosmetic, could be a label removed, it has a shorter warranty

Thanks
Mike Coan
www.warmnsafe.com
Warm & Safe Heated Gear LLC"

OP
OP
st11ray

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Well, I ordered one. $97 isn't too bad for a heated jacket liner. Mike emailed me that the 2nds have a 1 year warranty on the fabrics and 3 years on the electrics. They didn't have one in my wife's size so I guess she will get a first quality one. I did find a place on the web that has them for $159.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
If I didn't already have one, I'd buy one. Heck the lectric's are warranteed for 3 years and I can sew if the fabric goes south, can't go wrong.

Bike
06' ST1300
STOC #
yes,
Ray, you might ask if Mike has a Mens that would fit your wife? it wasn't that long ago mens was all you could get. it is an under-garment and won't be a fashion statement anyway? Don't forget to apply for the club discount, when you register, at bottom of creat new account,pick "clubs, MSF,
etc." willy

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Thanks for the pointer, the liner was my next-in-line farkle and for the price of the liner I got pants too.

Willy, how much is the club discount, didn't see that...

What is the normal warranty?

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Ray, you might ask if Mike has a Mens that would fit your wife? it wasn't that long ago mens was all you could get. it is an under-garment and won't be a fashion statement anyway? Don't forget to apply for the club discount, when you register, at bottom of creat new account,pick "clubs, MSF,
etc." willy
Willy, I see the clubs thing but having already registered, I can't figure out how to add that, do you know? I didn't know if I qualified for that so didn't take it when I registered. Do you know how much the discount is?

Thanks...

OP
OP
st11ray

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks for the pointer, the liner was my next-in-line farkle and for the price of the liner I got pants too.

Willy, how much is the club discount, didn't see that...

What is the normal warranty?
Here's what their website says:

WARRANTY!! Heated Liners are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of One year. Manufacturing defects in the wires are guaranteed for the life of the garment.

Bike
06 ST1300A
STOC #
This hit my cheapskate meter.Tried to order off their site this morning and it wouldn't accept my city.So I pick up the phone and call.Surprise surprise a live person(Mike) answered at 9AM in Ca. on a Sunday.This purchase won't be cheap as it will cost me another set of tires. ;)

Bike
06' ST1300
STOC #
yes,
River, I missed the discount also, so I called Mike and explained what went down and he credited my account with $$. and fixed the registration. Mike has been very helpful and more than fair, I highly recommend him and his company! BTW, His heated grip kit is a bargain, good quality kit. willy

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
River, I missed the discount also, so I called Mike and explained what went down and he credited my account with $$. and fixed the registration. Mike has been very helpful and more than fair, I highly recommend him and his company! BTW, His heated grip kit is a bargain, good quality kit. willy
Hi, he emailed me he would fix it too, but I guess time will tell if that includes the retroactive discount.

OP
OP
st11ray

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Well, I got my 2nd's liner yesterday and it looks like a new one to me. Haven't tried it out yet. Took my leather overpants to the alteration shop and they are sewing a leather pouch on the left thigh for my Heat Troller. I just ordered a pair of 2nd's Warm & Safe Ultimate Sport Touring gloves for $89!!

Top Bottom