Gerbing Microwire and the T3 glove

Does anyone know what year Gerbing changed over to the Microwire in the T3 gloves. I am debating on the T3 and T5 gloves. I had a pair of T3 and honestly the Cozywinters brand of glove was hotter, (except for hotspots in them that burned blisters on my right hand knuckles), anyway I am wondering on the timeline of this microwire implementation in the T3. The T3 glove isn't shown on the Gerbing site anymore.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
My G5 gloves are microwire. The only pair or T3s at Cyclegadgets in Eureka Springs, AR were the older version wiring when I bought mine. I can't recall if the saleswoman said they were discontinuing the T3s or not though.
Mike

Ilbikes

I love old bikes
Vendor
Bike
09 ST
I have the new T5's and don't like them. They do not get hot - you can turn them to high and you'll never say "ouch". The Gerbing jacket liner is awesome and is a great winter companion under my AST jacket, but I find the gloves very thick and hard to do minor things while wearing - for example, I have the digital, dual Gerbing controller and with the T5 gloves it is nearly impossible to feel the on/off action of the knob. I can wear my other gloves with the heated grips and find I like the feel much better. The downside to the grips having heat - you have to hold them tightly and keep a good grip on the full surface to get the transfer of heat. Also, I'm sure mine are like all bikes - the right side/throttle gets s lot warmer than the left due to rubber thickness. The T5's will work even in a relaxed position.

Now these are promised to be waterproof, so when it gets "cold and wet", these T5's may go up in value and be appreciated. I've had them on down to 25 degrees, but it was a 30 minute ride and none of the wet stuff.

Gordon

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
I have the new T5's and don't like them. They do not get hot - you can turn them to high and you'll never say "ouch". The Gerbing jacket liner is awesome and is a great winter companion under my AST jacket, but I find the gloves very thick and hard to do minor things while wearing - for example, I have the digital, dual Gerbing controller and with the T5 gloves it is nearly impossible to feel the on/off action of the knob. I can wear my other gloves with the heated grips and find I like the feel much better. The downside to the grips having heat - you have to hold them tightly and keep a good grip on the full surface to get the transfer of heat. Also, I'm sure mine are like all bikes - the right side/throttle gets s lot warmer than the left due to rubber thickness. The T5's will work even in a relaxed position.

Now these are promised to be waterproof, so when it gets "cold and wet", these T5's may go up in value and be appreciated. I've had them on down to 25 degrees, but it was a 30 minute ride and none of the wet stuff.

Gordon
I just bought the T5's and thought they worked very well. I rode 2.5 hours in 23-27deg and my hands were toasty warm (after I figured out I had to plug in the other wire from the controller into my liner :doh1:) and had little trouble operating the controller. They do claim they are waterproof but do still recommend applying waterproofing.
This is my first experience with heated gear so I don't have any other comparison.

Skip

Top Bottom