Heated Mirrors ?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Here in my part of TX heated mirrors aren't that beneficial.

But, I was looking at this post on a Tacoma forum and wondered if this was something those in more northern parts might find useful.

Do you guys in colder climates ever have issues with frozen mirrors? Or, is that a non-factor as you wouldn't be riding?

LOL... I just noticed that Thane was the original starter on that thread.. LOL

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
About the only use I could see for it would be those "misty" days when moisture settles on everything. The heat would evaporate the moisture off the glass. As far freezing moisture, like you said it is time to park if that is happening.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Thought about it but as you know I already have a pile of future farkles LOL.
If the bike is in the driveway I have frost on the mirrors seat and windscreen on many rideable mornings. Seat brushes off ok, mirrors are a pain and I'm looking over the windscreen anyway.
I get out at dark o'clock sometimes have frost then as well. I could see it being usefull in the rain or morning dew as well.

Marshal_Mercer

Bumbleberry + Crumble = Yum!
Bike
Has new home
STOC #
I'd much rather have a face shield defogger/defroster than heated mirrors. With a little effort, I think that we could have both. Any thoughts about this?

Marshal

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
During the winter months, I cover my truck mirrors with a gallon zip lock bag...pull it off before I take off...no frost or dew :) and cheap... :).

Glad sandwich bags for the bike mirrors.

I need to post a picture of my 0.50 cent bike cover...waterproof and folds down really small.

Marshal_Mercer

Bumbleberry + Crumble = Yum!
Bike
Has new home
STOC #
During the winter months, I cover my truck mirrors with a gallon zip lock bag...pull it off before I take off...no frost or dew :) and cheap... :).

Glad sandwich bags for the bike mirrors.

I need to post a picture of my 0.50 cent bike cover...waterproof and folds down really small.
Hey, Tony:

My bike's still in pieces while my rear shock gets a much-needed service, and I replace parts that Bert's left off during the 40K mile service. Want to try for a ride after the new year?

Marshal

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Use them all the time on the Ridgeline :bow1: Use the heated seats too... now since they put heated grips on bikes, you'ld think they could come up with a way for heated steering wheel, MAN!!!!! :bow1:

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
I'd much rather have a face shield defogger/defroster than heated mirrors. With a little effort, I think that we could have both. Any thoughts about this?

Marshal
This may be closer for the mirrors. For the face shield the wires would have to be pretty thin and you would need yet another umbilical. Pinloc maybe?

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Hey, Tony:

My bike's still in pieces while my rear shock gets a much-needed service, and I replace parts that Bert's left off during the 40K mile service. Want to try for a ride after the new year?

Marshal
Oh, this may be a good time to come by and what I need to hookup my heated jacket.

When ever you have your bike back in running order, I'll be glad to ride wit you.

Top Bottom