Warm and Safe heated gear

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I seem to remember a discount for STOC membership so make sure you enter your STOC affiliation as well...

Bike
2003 ST1300 A
MSF discount too - not cumulative. Their products are excellent. Bought a liner and a controller this year and could not be more pleased. Adds an entire three months to the riding season here in Chicago. Now it's 4 months long.....

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
MSF discount too - not cumulative. Their products are excellent. Bought a liner and a controller this year and could not be more pleased. Adds an entire three months to the riding season here in Chicago. Now it's 4 months long.....
:crackup

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I purchased the whole set this past fall. Jacket is great. Gloves are as nice as my summer favorites. Pants seem to do the job and dont add bulk. Socks are so so. But the gen 4 troller is a must!!!! He has a special running on seconds for the jacket. This is a good deal.

He is a great guy to deal with!!!

OP
OP
JimSTer

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
Thanks a million, guys. I wasn't aware of the 20% discount for ST Owners until now. This makes a huge difference in the total cost.
I about froze my tush off last fall when I left Iowa City in 37 degree weather for the Blue ridge Gathering. And it wasn't much better returning home five days later.
Now I'll have the heated clothing that will never let that happen again.

I love my W&S jacket liner and gloves. Make sure to get the Dual Heat Troller. I have to adjust the hands for more heat sometimes in real cold temps.

Bike
06' ST1300
STOC #
yes,
If purchasing online, You must register, pick "end user". Under "Apply Groups" pick Clubs, etc. etc. Mike is a real club supporter, you will be very pleased. willymakit

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Jim, can't remember what year your 1100 is. Do you have the big alternator? Might want to install a volt meter to keep an eye on electrical draw when you start using the heated gear.

OP
OP
JimSTer

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
Jim, can't remember what year your 1100 is. Do you have the big alternator? Might want to install a volt meter to keep an eye on electrical draw when you start using the heated gear.
Mac:

Thanks for the tip. My 1100 is a 1991 and it "had" the 28 amper until about a month ago.
George turned me on to a 40 amper on fleaBay and I jumped on it. And now I'm in the big leagues with the rest of the big chargers.
Thanks buddy, and I hope to see you and Carol @ Moonshine. I'll be camp'n with y"all @ the farm.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Mac beat me to it. I was going to mention you are like a kid in a candy store now that you have the 40 amper working for you. Good for you. I am starting to look for gear myself. See you at Moonshine Jim.

Bike
2008 VStrom 650
If purchasing online, You must register, pick "end user". Under "Apply Groups" pick Clubs, etc. etc. Mike is a real club supporter, you will be very pleased. willymakit
Thats what I did to get the ultimate gloves for $139. Great service and a fantastic product.

Bike
2006 St1300
I'm looking ato some Warn and Safe heated gloves. They have two types:
The UltimateTouring Heated Gloves
The Ultimate Sport Heated Gloves

The Ultimate Sport Heated Gloves give a better feel, but are missing the "Waterproof" Membrane. I don't see how that would matter too much. Thoughts?

1129VLD

"71David5"
Bike
04 ST1300
STOC #
I'm looking ato some Warn and Safe heated gloves. They have two types:
The UltimateTouring Heated Gloves
The Ultimate Sport Heated Gloves

The Ultimate Sport Heated Gloves give a better feel, but are missing the "Waterproof" Membrane. I don't see how that would matter too much. Thoughts?
How often do you ride in the rain?

Bike
06' ST1300
STOC #
yes,
Not often, and when I do the Aerostich "crabclaw"over gloves come out. this to me is the best compromise, waterproof when you need it and stored away when you don't. And only $47! willy

Top Bottom