PDA

View Full Version : Ride To EAT [RTE] 2010-04-13 HI, Maui - Kula Lodge and restaurant

DonP.
03-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Since we haven't missed an RTE since December and we're going to be in Hawaii the weekend of the Nipomo RTE, I'm calling my own RTE in Maui!:p:

Yes, well we won't be on the Honda ST but on ST Bicycles:) Like these... in of course 07silver :07biker:
http://www.gocyclingmaui.com/rentals.html

Seems there hasn't been any traffic on the Hawaii board in over a year guess cause there is no where far enough to ride to??? So If there are any other ST-Owners on vacation on Maui the week of 17 to 24 April post up and we can meet here on the 13th at noon (that's 1200 Jay:) )for lunch anyway! :headbang:

http://kulalodge.com/index.htm

Just look for the the guy wearing an ST-Owners hat sipping a MaiTai.:D

Byron
03-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Enjoy the island and the food. :)

Mellow
03-25-2010, 05:14 PM
I wish!!! LOL

fnmag
03-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Living the good life. Well, at least I can dream. Have a great trip.

SupraSabre
03-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Sounds like a winner, let's see, any of these cruises to Hawaii allow you to take your motorcycle with you?:D

TXRoadRash
03-25-2010, 05:30 PM
:tts1:
:d1: :d1: :d1: :d1: :d1:

Unless, of course, I can come!

scootac
03-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Let's see Motomac or George show up at this one!!!!:D

STPaulK
03-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Try to get ahold of ACMAUI. Last I heard, he decided to keep his ST1300 (and lives on Maui.) He graciously lent his bike to us a few years back. Riding an ST to the top of Haleakala will forever be one of the best memories.

DonP.
03-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Try to get ahold of ACMAUI. Last I heard, he decided to keep his ST1300 (and lives on Maui.) He graciously lent his bike to us a few years back. Riding an ST to the top of Haleakala will forever be one of the best memories.

PM'ed him, that would be soooo COOL!:bow1:

ourside
03-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Is there going to be pie?????

beatlejuice
03-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Let's see Motomac or George show up at this one!!!!:D

:rofl1:

DonP.
03-29-2010, 06:21 PM
We should be able to find Kona pie!

acmaui
03-30-2010, 11:20 PM

Yeah Paul, I still got it! It's now up to 3500 miles, mostly due to Tim Graham (ST'er) coming over from Canada with his beautiful wife and riding the hell out of it! When can we expect you to show up again? You know your always welcome. I don't mind loaning the bike to fellow ST'ers as long as they have a history on this site with a long list of previous mounts and an ST in their lives now. I did PM Don and extended the invitation. My bike may never have the most miles, but it may end up with the most different riders! Any other bike, any other group of riders, and I wouldn't think of lending a bike out, but ST'ers just seem to be a different breed that can be trusted to treat equipment with respect.

The bike remains mostly trouble free. I did have to change out the front break cylinder that links the rear. It totally froze up and would not let off the rear pressure, why Honda mixed metals here is a mystery to me since it couldn't have saved more than a buck a bike. The new replacement cylinder does away with the cheap steel component.

Rick77
03-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Go to Kimo's in Lahaina and have some Hula Pie.

DonP.
03-31-2010, 06:14 AM
Responded back to ACMaui and his kind offer, looks like we could be riding an ST to the RTE!:D

STPaulK
03-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah Paul, I still got it! It's now up to 3500 miles, mostly due to Tim Graham (ST'er) coming over from Canada with his beautiful wife and riding the hell out of it! When can we expect you to show up again? You know your always welcome. I don't mind loaning the bike to fellow ST'ers as long as they have a history on this site with a long list of previous mounts and an ST in their lives now. I did PM Don and extended the invitation. My bike may never have the most miles, but it may end up with the most different riders! Any other bike, any other group of riders, and I wouldn't think of lending a bike out, but ST'ers just seem to be a different breed that can be trusted to treat equipment with respect.

Andy - I can't say enough again, how much your generosity led to what is one of the most memorable rides in my life. As I rode the Honoapiilani I couldn't stop thinking...I'm riding a motorcycle on MAUI!!! Would we take you up on that offer again? IN A HEARTBEAT! But I don't want to be a bike hog. There are many listers here who need to experience the thrill of riding on top of a volcano, and help get your bike to 5000 miles to boot. :D

I have to laugh everytime I think of all those islanders who stared at my wife and I all suited up. I guess full riding gear is just not something people do on Maui. :)

Don, I hope you take full advantage of that bike. You ain't lived until you rode the one lane road on the Honoapiilani.

acmaui
04-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Andy - I can't say enough again, how much your generosity led to what is one of the most memorable rides in my life. As I rode the Honoapiilani I couldn't stop thinking...I'm riding a motorcycle on MAUI!!! Would we take you up on that offer again? IN A HEARTBEAT! But I don't want to be a bike hog. There are many listers here who need to experience the thrill of riding on top of a volcano, and help get your bike to 5000 miles to boot. :D

I have to laugh everytime I think of all those islanders who stared at my wife and I all suited up. I guess full riding gear is just not something people do on Maui. :)

Don, I hope you take full advantage of that bike. You ain't lived until you rode the one lane road on the Honoapiilani.

Full riding gear here is flip flops and shorts, shirt optional. I actually saw a guy go by on a full dress Harley yesterday with bare feet! He did have serviceable shorts and a "t" shirt, and of course shades. Bare feet though, can you even imagine it?

ourside
04-01-2010, 07:01 AM
You know that Kona Pie sure sounds good, I had a buddy that used to have a "WetBike" can I ride that to the RTE..? (I can put ST stickers on it)

P.S. I guess I should leave now it might take me awhile to get there!

DonP.
04-10-2010, 05:56 PM
You know that Kona Pie sure sounds good, I had a buddy that used to have a "WetBike" can I ride that to the RTE..? (I can put ST stickers on it)

P.S. I guess I should leave now it might take me awhile to get there!

We're here! Sunny and 84degrees in Kannapalli. Thought that was you Bob, cruising into Lahina harbor on some sort of motorsicle!!!

DonP.
04-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Go to Kimo's in Lahaina and have some Hula Pie.

Went to Kimo's tonight, had the Hula Pie! Whoo it was huge.:D

ourside
04-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Glad you guys got there, I was getting hungry thinking about all that good PIE so I went to Knott's Berry Farm and got a Blueberry pie so I didn't feel left out.:03biker::03biker:

DonP.
04-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Well we made it up to the Kula lodge for our mini RTE. Quaint little place with great views, but not the friendliest wait staff...Had the Mountain breakfast feast and it was good,good,good!!!:D Then we took a ride up to the top of the volcano. A bit cloudy in the crater but still amazing. We could see the big island of Hawaii (the last pic), Lanai and Molokai from the top along with most of Maui.

ourside
04-17-2010, 07:09 AM
The Pic's look great Don, Iam hungry just looking at those pancakes. Hope your having a great time see you when you get home.

SarniaON
04-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Maui is great and I was thinking how good it would be if i had my ST 1300 here as well to ride up to the top of the mountains, so typed "Maui ST1300" into Google and found this thread. Karen and i arrived in Ka'alapali on Sunday April 18th, are here until Sunday April 25 and have snorkeled, hiked thru a rainforest, attended a luau, and are sceduled to participate in a zodiac ride to Lanai on Friday. This is a wonderful place and we are enjoying every moment.

Back in Sarnia ON next week and hope to ride my bike again before heading to Ft Lauderdale on Thursday to pick up my Father-in-Law's car and drive it back to Toronto for him.

Life is good. Looking forward to ONSToc '10 again. Bones: It's not August yet!