Another one

I can see it now, the price of cabbage is going up! I won't be surprised to see strudel offered at all the local eateries as well.

How about a STrudelSTOC? Mellow won't mind if we support the roundel.

Congratulations Rick & Donna!

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

Nice. Congrats!

Airhawk needed huh?

I just did a 1500 mile, 36 hour rally on the stock GTL seat and my Airhawk. Thought I would be a lot more uncomfortable than I would be on the ST with my RDL and backrest, but overall, turned out to be about the same, buttwise (so to speak), It was the backrest I missed the most. BTW, seat heat on High will warm up the Airhark too, but for some reason, I was getting lifted higher up in the seat too :)

I still plan on getting an RDL and backrest for the 1600, but I now want to know more about how Rick's backrest works out. I already bought another stock GTL seat with heat to send off, but I am not ready to do it yet if anyone with a GTL needs a spare while they get theirs done.

Chris

I BOUGHT A WHAT?

First let me say my ST has been a fine bike for 8 years. Nothing but routine maintenance. I just wanted something different. They best part of ownership has been finding this forum and meeting some great people. Some have become lifelong friends.

Looked at goldwings but they didn't excite me or the wife. The fjr is ok as is the c14. The Triumph was too new.

I had test rode the BMW a while back and was impressed. Yes I studied all the reported problems with water pumps and such and decided to put that aside and go for it.

Only have 250 miles so far and all of them have been two up. I will need more time to really evaluate the bike. So far I think the seat is about an inch or so too low. (hence the airhawk) The windshield may need some thought. The power, handling, brakes and all the fancy electronics are amazing. The exhaust note itself will give you a ...............well you know.:) The BMW navigator V integrates with the bike and even with your smartphone to give you weather and traffic.

More to come after a long trip.

Congrats!.. It's all about getting what makes you happy.

Well... looks like I will be the last man straddling a STeed at the Open House.

Was it my cologne?

Congratulations Rick. Now with the BMW the Mrs. will be coming along? Hmm.. maybe that is why I'm still single. No BMW?

Back
Top Bottom