OP
OP
Hotwheelbill

Hotwheelbill

Site Supporter...you a FAN?$
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
I have a pair of Tourmaster Solutions 2 boot that I bought from Craigslist. This is the low cut boot with the velcro enclosure over the laces.12.5 or Euro size 47. What size do you need? I am not going to wear these as they are just a bit too large. I paid $40. You can have them for the same plus shipping. They were purchased new in Sept 2012. They show no wear, scuffs or scratches. I have an older pair of Oxtars that will have to do in the meantime.

Brad 714 553 3516
Thanks but I need an 11

OP
OP
Hotwheelbill

Hotwheelbill

Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Good 'ol ebay.
I have a new pair of size 11 TCX Airtech on the way for $184.99 to my door.
I'll post a review in a couple weeks.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have a pair of Tourmaster Solutions 2 boot that I bought from Craigslist. This is the low cut boot with the velcro enclosure over the laces.
You must mean the TM Response boot, which is the low cut boot with velcro flap over the laces. I used to have a pair of the TM Response boot and really liked them. They protected my feet when I low-sided my bike (no personal injury). They were replaced with the high-cut TM Solution boot with the side zipper and Velcro flaps over that. I also really like my Solution boot. Both were very comfortable and keep my feet dry in all weather. I ride all year in central Iowa, in all temps. Even through the occasional snowy slush as well as the spring/summer deluges that happen. Only thing keeping me off the road is when ice is stuck on the surface on my route to work. I've worn these boots from +105*F to below -15*F (yeah, that's minus 15). Just a tad warm over 100 and just a tad cool below zero but otherwise worked very well for me. Plan to replace my current boot with the Solution 2 (or 3, what ever is available) when the time comes.

BTW- almost bought the TCX Airtech boot but since I live in central Iowa and temps do get a lot cooler than in Florida I stayed with the Solution boot.

Bike
1995 FJ1200
I have a pair of SIDI On Road boots. I picked mine up used on eBay. A new pair is quite pricey, but since I have had mine, I would justify the expense. The added benefit of these boots are that the soles are replaceable. I have had the soles replaced. I can see these boots lasting a good 10 years or more.

Fred

Bike
Shopping
Thank you for the correction. These are the Tourmaster Response boot and not the Solutions that I reported.

I'm glad that folks recognized the mistake. No harm meant.

I do have a guy in Tennessee that is interested and we should be making a deal soon.

Thanks for the info.

Bike
Shopping
Thank you for the correction. These are the Tourmaster Response boot and not the Solutions that I reported.

I'm glad that folks recognized the mistake. No harm meant.

I do have a guy in Tennessee that is interested and we should be making a deal soon.

Thanks for the info.
OK> Deal is done and the boots will be on their way to Collierville, TN.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Good 'ol ebay.
I have a new pair of size 11 TCX Airtech on the way for $184.99 to my door.
I'll post a review in a couple weeks.
I Looked at the Airtech last year and settled for the regular TCX boot instead, I am looking forward to your review, may get me a pair this year for the long hot summer.
Greg

OP
OP
Hotwheelbill

Hotwheelbill

Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
I Looked at the Airtech last year and settled for the regular TCX boot instead, I am looking forward to your review, may get me a pair this year for the long hot summer.
Greg
Well, sorry but no review.
11 is too big for me. I worn them about 30min in the house and they are just not going to work for me. I'll post in sale section later for what I paid for them.
The search continues.

edit: I think my search may really be for a place to try on some riding boots. Jacksonville just does not have any unless you want HD.
Does anyone know of a good place to try several brands of boots in Daytona Beach?

Last edited:

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Well, sorry but no review.
11 is too big for me. I worn them about 30min in the house and they are just not going to work for me. I'll post in sale section later for what I paid for them.
The search continues.
Is the size 11 running bigger or smaller then you expected. I might need a pair for this summer.

OP
OP
Hotwheelbill

Hotwheelbill

Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Larger than I expected. I wear an 11 in sneakers, but my old boots are size 10. I think I ended up with these in 10 because they have lace front and zipper side.

OP
OP
Hotwheelbill

Hotwheelbill

Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
I had a little extra time this morning and took a trip to redwing to have my foot measured.
10.5 and E4 wide. She said she would put me in an H with redwing boot.
I then called Aerostich and they said they would not recommend the combat as it is based on D width.

With this info, I think mail order boots are out for me.

Bike
ST1300
I've been wearing TCX Infinity for the last couple of years and I find them all day comfortable....I found the same with the Alpinestars SMX that I wore for 10 years, but they began to smell organic after about 7 years.

Bike
2010 ST1300
STOC #
Google "Thor moto-x half boot" Not water proof but all day long comfortable and look like a regular boot under riding pants to jeans. Double buckle closure similar to ski boots for superior ankle protection. 3 colors, black, brown or white and can be found for under $150. I have thought about trying another brand of boots but waiting for these to wear out. Four years and probably close to 20,000 miles with very little signs of wear so far.

Bike
ST1300
I've been wearing TCX Infinity for the last couple of years and I find them all day comfortable....I found the same with the Alpinestars SMX that I wore for 10 years, but they began to smell organic after about 7 years.
After my trip to Norway in the summer, these went in the bin. They held the rain out for 11 hours, which was f all use when I had constant rain for three days running. Didn't even get 2 years out of them :(

I'm now wearing Sidi Adventure Goretex and am happy with them so far :)

Bike
1200RT, 1200GS
STOC #
Get in your time machine and fast forward a couple of years.

The boots you bought back in 2013 are starting to wear out...actually, the soles are wearing out. The uppers are still in pretty good shape. If you listened to the advice that several guys offered here, you bought boots that can be resoled. For $60, you take them to a cobbler (they still exist) and have them resoled. You now have what amounts to a new pair of boots. Aren't you the clever one?

On the other hand, if you bought a boot that cannot be resoled....well, then you get to spend a lot more than $60 to solve your problem.

Listen to the good advice here...you'll thank these guys later.

BTW, my vote is Sidi Canyon...$360, lots of protection, comfortable, warm, water proof. And resolable.

Last edited:
Bike
2008 ST1300
Has anyone tried Bates boots. They have a zipper up the side and look comfortable. I am trying to determine if they are waterproof.

Top Bottom