STOC TAG

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
Today I decided to stay close to home and take the Boyz on a waterfall and garden adventure. The bike got around 45 miles added to the clock and my feet feel like they received 20. We traveled up Hwy 19 to Akaka Falls State Park. Lotsa picture taking here, then back towards Hilo for Lunch at What's Shakin on the Onomea Bay. After lunch it was the Tropical Botanical Garden and then Boiling Pots and Rainbow Falls State Parks.
I added some pics of yesterdays trip to South Point, but I need to go back there to get more. :)
https://picasaweb.google.com/103456616158165341242/HawaiiSTOCTag02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLCPiP-D3oudBQ#

This is a new link!

Last edited:
Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Nice place ya got there.......great photos............nice work................Joe..............................................................................................ff

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
These pics are striking up the love I always had for the whole idea of Hawaii, feelings I had from before my first trip to the islands 20 years ago.
The first Polynesian explorers had to know their hardships at sea were worth every minute of uncertainty, once they saw what lay beyond the horizon.

Thanks Paul for taking us and the Boyz for a tour.
Looking forward to more views of this magic place.

GS3&TT2

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
Thanks Guys, I'm having fun playing tour guide. I really hated the idea of moving away from Oahu in 66 after my Father retired from the Navy. Hilo is every place I have ever been in the world, all rolled into one.

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
If you and the Boyz ever get to the Kona Coffee plantation, try to get a pic or two up on the Coffee thread. Too bad we won't get the aromatherapy with that pic.

GS3&TT2

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
If you and the Boyz ever get to the Kona Coffee plantation, try to get a pic or two up on the Coffee thread.
I have some coffee tasting trips planned for both sides of the island.
Too bad we won't get the aromatherapy with that pic.
There's an app for that.
The shot with the Lai is making the rounds at Face Book.
I'm not on Facebook so I can't follow along. Glad people are enjoying it.:)

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
The Boyz are back! We started off Saturday with breakfast at the Big Island Ohana Cafe, and then headed South on Hwy 11 for coffee tasting at the Kau coffee mill, which is located in the town of Pahala. A short ride up the slopes of Mauna Loa and we were in coffee heaven.
Punaluu Black Sand Beach was the next destination where we put our toes in the sand and took in the scenery. Next up was a ride back to Volcanoes National Park for some pics of a nice road that leads to Chain of Craters Drive.

Today I cheated and drove the truck downtown to take more pics at Hilo Bay. My neck is bothering me today, so I stayed off the scooter. We stumbled on to an impromptu car show and I wonder if any of you are young enough to remember any of this iron. LOL.

Pics are here: :)
https://picasaweb.google.com/103456616158165341242/HawaiiSTOCTag02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLCPiP-D3oudBQ#

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Bunch of beauties in that car show, Paul. I like running into the impromptu event as I wonder/wander around the countryside. Recently sold my El Camino but still enjoy seeing the other guys' iron. :D

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
I have a place in my heart for the old cars. I helped my dad with his car projects as a kid. Two Model A Fords and few British sports cars. My first set of wheels was a 41 Ford pickup that took two years to get in shape.:)

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Good pics all.......glad you're enjoying the tour guide role.......nice to see green and warm from frozen Minnesota.........................ff

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
Thanks all, I'm having fun although my lower back seems to be dictating my life right now, hence the truck. :(

Top Bottom