ST1300 wind deflector kits

Bike
ST1300 2002
Looking to install the fairing and mirror wind deflector kits on my ST1300. Apart from enhancing the looks of the bike, do they make a difference with regards to reduced turbulence? Any negative aspects to installing these?
Joe

Bike
06 ST1300A
My 04 has them fitted & they seem to do a good job, but there again I've never ridden a ST without as I've only had this one three months :eek:: I had a test ride when it was rather chilly, froze on the way over with my XJR, but felt quite comfortable on the test ride without hot grips, :) which suggests to me they were doing some good.

I am pretty sure the guy that traded mine in against a brand new ST had the deflectors fitted.

Bike
'07 ST1300
I like mine, had it without at first, like it better with

I would advise getting some heavyduty double sided tape, as I did not have such great results of the tape that comes on the deflectors didn't stick too well and I have had to come back with more sticky tape, 3M makes one tape that really has some good glue on it, the tape is transparent. Anyway, just watch out for that, clean your surfaces good, apply pressure the best you can to the entire length of the contact. Especially along the dash and around the mirrors, well I have had to open the cowling, remove the mirror housings a time or two, so retaping the deflectors has been a necessary thing.

Bike
06 ST
Also, along wing the good cleaning (with lint free cotton cloth, no paper towels as it has residue in the paper) before install, if you take a heat guy and apply some heat to the glue surfaces, it activates the glue for better adhesion. Just be careful not to melt/distort the plastic. Usually, kinda hot to the touch. Dave B. Denver

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I like mine. They push the air out just a bit. Good in hot or cold. +1 on getting some 3M trim tape, if you do any dash work one of the parts probably needs to come off and new tape applied.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I've had mine on for quite some time, but rode a bit before installing them. I think that they help in both cold and warm weather. The 3M tape appears to be identical to what Honda uses; I had to remove the upper pieces when adding some accessories, and the 3M product worked well. Not sure who sells it in the UK, but it's "3M Scotch-Mount Super Strength Molding Tape." The part number is 03614; it comes in a 15 ft. roll, 1/2" wide.

Last edited:

Imrubicon

Wannabe Squid
STOC #
I rode in hot weather and the yhelped when put on . never rode without in cold weather .
Its nice to push the air out just a bit IMHO

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Where can I buy a set of fairing wind deflectors?
They are standard Honda accessories, available here in the US. Any Honda dealer can order them, but you might want to check the online retailers for a better price. (I've had my local Honda parts guy match internet prices more than once - it doesn't hurt to ask.)

Be sure that you get both the fairing extensions (Fairing Air Deflector Set - Part #
08P73-MCS-100A) and the mirror extensions ((Mirror Air Deflector Set - Part # 08P72-MCS-100A); they're sold separately.

http://powersports.honda.com/2010/st1300/accessories.aspx

Bike
ST1300 A8
That Dave Silver price is + VAT & P+P.
I have just fitted the mirror deflectors to mine. Big difference, especially when riding in the wet. Makes the airflow/rain miss your hands instead of hitting them.
Will fit the fairing kit before Jack frost hits town, brr.

STOC #
What do you reckon these black deflectors will look like on a silver ST?
I have a 2007 silver ST. They blend in beautifully with all of other black and silver parts on the bike.

As far as I am concerned they make the bike look like it was designed to have them on. When I see a 2007 without them it looks incomplete. YMMV

:slv13:

Bike
ST1300 - 2006
STOC #
They certainly look part of the bike and really set off the silver with the other black parts on my light silver coloured Pan :D

They seem pretty pricey but if you can afford them, go for it;)

My only reservation is the small section covering the inspection hatch on each side of the fairing which was only held on by a single plastic push pin rivet, I just need to find a suitable sized well nut or similar to give it a secure fixing.

Bike
2006 Honda VFR
I lost the left side access panel on my faring deflector. Does anyone have one they would want to sell me? Can they be ordered separately from Honda?

JE

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Can they be ordered separately from Honda?
Yes. In North America the individual parts of the deflector kit are available separately for the police models of the ST1300. Ask your Honda dealer to look them up in the ST1300P parts fiche. They can be found with the parts listed for the lower cowl. Two years ago I ordered one for $65 USD.

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yes. In North America the individual parts of the deflector kit are available separately for the police models of the ST1300. Ask your Honda dealer to look them up in the ST1300P parts fiche. They can be found with the parts listed for the lower cowl. Two years I ordered one for $65 USD.
If you find the numbers, please post them! I just looked at the 2012 PA model parts and couldn't find anything for the "parts", just complete sets. :shrug1:

Top Bottom