Top 3 things you like and would change about the ST

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
Love my ST1300. I would like to see the ST weigh the same as it currently does, but think of how great it would be if Honda added 2 more cylinders for a V6 that had like 75 more horsepower. If they kept the wheel base and handling the same I think that would be a riot. I know I'm nuts!:D
:yr1:

Bike
BMW K1600GT
The really annoying thing about Honda Power Sports is that we all know they are capable of producing a real world beating sports touring bike, loaded with most of the things suggested here. They can also make one at a price point that most can afford. They can make it powerful, reliable, and technically equal or better than the benchmark now which is the K1600. They simply choose not to. If lesser companies like Kawasaki and Yamaha can bring their versions to the market and make strikes at BMW, so can Honda which has the power behind the name to do it. BMW and Harley Davidson are building and selling bikes in excess of 25K and turning a profit. If Honda can throw money into Moto GP and dominate, they can easily build the next generation ST. And I doubt of anyone from Honda gives a rats behind to what is said on this and similar forums.

Silver Bullit

Pearl Black
Bike
06 1300..Black
The st13 could lose 75 lbs. and gain some needed leg room for those that are tall. also as it has been said better lighting and cruise ..heated seats and grips are cool for some but I don't ride win the winter so...being 6ft 6 inch's tall I would love a better seats setup...

Bike
ST 1300
A 6th gear & gear indicator would be great.
Better access to the battery, without the need to remove the o/s panel would also be handy, when needing to charge or jump start the bike, as I often have to do, being a "fair weather only" rider!
I've no problem with the weight, it's no secret.
Basic pre-purchase research into the bike's spec should be done. It's a big blokes bike. If it's too much for some, they should choose a lighter bike.
Most of my riding is 2-up, my partner loves the riding position & the comfort that brings, compared to many other bikes. This reduces the amount of earache I get LOL!
My ST1300 is by far & away, the best bike I've ever had. Boringly reliable, & relatively easy to maintain.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
[QUOTE;1837509] I love this bike, its got enough tech to see me through and not so much as I cant do anything to it. It is a breeze to do the maintenance and any mechanical and electrical issues that arise.. She is fine the way she is.[/QUOTE]

What he said!! The more I ride my ST and try to wear it out the more I love it!! Keep the basics the same and give it a few modern updates.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Top three likes:
1. The engine; smooth, powerful
2. The electric windshield. Set it for the amount of protection you want at the touch of a button.
3. It's a Honda. Low maintenance and bulletproof engineering

Top three improvements:
1. The rear suspension is way undersprung for two-up riding. Fixed with a Racetech spring and re-valving.
2. The seat. Fixed with a Laam rebuild.
3. The weight. Unfortunately, unfixable.

DaveH

Max Spying
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Oneway this bike could lose some weight is for the "rider"s to go on a diet! ;)

Including me, but I think the current weight of the ST1300 is just fine!
I'm with my Li'l Bro on the weight issue. I much prefer a heavier bike when it comes to battling the wind.

Bike
2013 st 1300
For the way I ride the only thing I would like to see factory made is some type of highway bar or alternate foot position. I find that is the only real issue I have on the long trips.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Oneway this bike could lose some weight is for the "rider"s to go on a diet! ;)

Including me, but I think the current weight of the ST1300 is just fine!
I'm with my Li'l Bro on the weight issue. I much prefer a heavier bike when it comes to battling the wind.
Guess I could lose 20 pounds, but then I'd probably be too weak to push it backwards out of the garage or heft it off the side stand. No way could I lose a hundred pounds. I'd look like a death camp survivor.

And geezalou, how much wind do you guys ride around in? Must be much windier in California than Ohio. I didn't notice it when I was out there riding last year. Are there a bunch of guys on lighter bikes tumbling around like tumbleweeds out there?

Bike
2005 ST1300
Nope Honda does not read our forum but that's ok, what else would we do with our time?

Everyone has covered my likes and improvments.

I will say I like the gearing the way that it is, no need for a 6th gear, I get 45-50 MPG(hand calculated) when driven legally (not often).

Roll on power, shift points, and cruise RPM are perfect IMHO.

Last edited:

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I love my ST I think I have it finally set up the way I like it I hope the next 150k miles are as good as the first. Well I actually don't have 150k on it yet but should very soon now.

Bike
2004 st 1300
I think all the posts have covered the likes and wants for this bike. Before I bought this machine my one concern was the heat issue. I read lots of reviews from owners. Very few said the heat can be extreme, still in most posts regerding the heat most say not bad. Some go as far far as to state not a problem. Am I riding a different bike (2004 st 1300). Fortunately for me I live in Colorado. Last summer rode to Big Bend Texas it was unbearable. One rider posted nuclear plant between the legs. Agreed.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Do you feel excessive heat with riding pants, or without?

I ride in jeans and in riding pants. Soon to be riding pants all the time. My current set is really for winter only. That said, in jeans, I notice some heat by my shins after it gets to temp, but it's not at all uncomfortable. Riding for several hours is still quite comfortable with respect to heat. When I ride with riding pants, I don't feel any heat from the bike. It insulates my body very well.

At any rate, if heat is a problem for someone, maybe consider using riding pants if you don't already. And if you already use them, consider a more insulating pair.

Long live the ST!!

Joel

Bike
ST 1300
Since I am now a long-established owner (2 1/2 weeks) ;) I like to tell my top 3 things I like to change:

1) adjustable Handlebar
2) better readable dashbord
3) better accessibility to the sidestand

Well, it would not hurt if the ignition switch were a bit more precise.

Bike
2004 st 1300
The Texas trip I mentioned was in non insulated motorcycle pants. Perhaps a better set of pants for future trips outside of Colorado. What I did not mention is that I love the ST, an amazing machine and will be keeping it. Like it so much I stored it in the living room of the wife's fixer upper project I am doing for her,with heat all winter.

Top Bottom