Barn Find - Pacific Coast 800 - and review

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Re: I have a NEW bike ....BARN FIND

That's a great find. I've always like the PC and is the perfect baby brother for an ST. Congrats!

Silver Bullet

Retired
Bike
2020 Tracer 900 GT

Great find ! Always thought they were an often overlooked ride just as the ST and was a good concept and well thought out look ! Enjoy !

MIKE

Bike
2011 BMW R1200GS
STOC #

Nice looking bike, surprisingly I've seen two out on the roads in the last month! More than I saw all last year.
Within the last week I have seen 2 in 3 days. One in Buenos Aires and the other in Irving, TX. Unbelievable.

STOC #

Isn't it strange how certain Honda models didn't sell very well and were later offered as leftovers as non-current and discounted until it hurt? And years later they get prices as high or higher than their original retail purchase price with an average of 30,000 miles on the clock. I liked the PC800 as soon as it was released and considered buying one until I took it for a test drive. It just didn't fit my 6 foot frame very well. Also, the motorcycle magazines didn't give it very high praise for the styling as you "couldn't see the motor." They missed the whole point. If you want to make the Harley crowd jealous just roll up on gathering of them with two six packs and a load of ice in the trunk. Then show them the odometer.

OP
OP
Motorcycle Dave
Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #

Love to have it please send me l your contact info

Among our few dozen Hondas, we have a '90 PC800. A very under-rated ride. Great storage, low/easy maintenance, trouble free.

I have an extra stock windscreen. Used but in great condition. Would let it go cheap if you're interested.

Enjoy your new find!

Dave

OP
OP
Motorcycle Dave
Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
BARN FIND Bike review Pacific Coast 800

I'm Baaaaack
Hi everyone I told the story of finding and buying a NEW 1990 sold new in 1993
Honda Pacific Coast, I had looked at them when they first came out but I was riding
a GoldWing at the time and thought they were interesting but I didn't need one...
many years and many motorcycles later I came across this bike sitting in a customers
shed covered with dust and dirt, I asked about it and was told it was a birthday gift from
his wife in 1993 and that they made a trip to Yosemite on it and when they got home he
parked it and that was where is stayed all these years... He was scared of it and never rode it again
however he did take it out every year and returned it to the dealer on a trailer for service, fluid changes and
such, then back into the shed... well long story short I finally was able to buy it from him, it had
00547.2 miles yes that's five hundred forty seven miles and 2/10th. Damn do you believe that? why would
some one do that but GOOD FOR ME....Well today I took it on it's maiden voyage and well it's NOT
by any stretch an ST1100 even though from the front it kinda looks like it, it is SMOOTH very quiet
and you will not win any races with it but it will get you where you are going comfortably and quietly
to soon to tell what kind of gas mileage it gets the gas gauge hardly moved in 75 miles riding
I sure got a lot of looks today because it looks new, people were asking when Honda brought out the new bike...
I did get a good laugh when I told them it was a 1990... Power wise it reminds me of my sons first bike a good
ole Honda CX500 maybe a little more power than that but I am sure it out weighs the CX because of all the body work
and such..Well all in all it's a great bike I will enjoy stacking up the miles on it... If anyone has information about it
please give me a call at 209-887-3283 or email me at motorcycledave@mac.com I could use a taller windshield, Road pegs
and such the Pacific Coast forums are few and far between and not very active there is one connected to Yahoo but it is hard
to post on and review what you put out there....
Thanks for listening
Ride Safe
Dave

Last edited:
OP
OP
Motorcycle Dave
Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
Re: BARN FIND Bike review Pacific Coast 800

IMG_0246.jpgIMG_0249.jpg

Here it is you would never believe what I paid for it... lets say I don't have payments

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

Completely agree. If Honda built an updated PC850/900 with more power/brakes/range I'd gladly walk into my local dealer and plunk down money on the table.
I'd take that walk for a new PC if they just made 'em like they used to. Same with a 650 Night Hawk. Ok the price would be a consideration.

Bike
'03 ST1300A

Nice find. That's pretty in brand new original conditions. Hope the tire are not the original ones :D

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

Both threads merged.

OP
OP
Motorcycle Dave
Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #

Yes I did luck out on this, it has NEW tires the driveline
and rearend have also been serviced, the only thing
left before any long rides is inspect and replace hoses
so far it's a fun ride but it sure isn't an ST, at my age
maybe that's a good thing

Last edited:

ST13Fred

Fred
Bike
2015 Motus MST

I did not care for the rotor covered 89-96 PC. The uncovered twin rotors and standard fender of the 97-98 exposed the beauty of the front end. The PC was so unique people either loved it or hated it right away. Some even referred to it as a rolling toilet?

The front half of the 97-98 looked conventional with the rear getting all the looks and comments while the rotor covered models got it from head to toe. They were the Tupperware magnets. My 2 cents. My PC even had a mercury operated truck light! How cool was that?

OP
OP
Motorcycle Dave
Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
Funny you should mention rolling toilet..... Many years ago I had when new a Honda GL100 1976
and I bought a Bisch Trip Trunk that was made for the Wing it was some what like the back end of
the Pacific Coast but it was much bigger... & taller everyone said it looked like a porta potty...
Dave

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

My PC even had a mercury operated truck light! How cool was that?
Cool but not nearly as cool as the Honda 125/150 Elite's hide-away headlight. That's got to be one of the coolest tricks Honda's ever done to a bike.

Top Bottom