Motorcyclelarry: still in business?

Bike
2007 ST 1300
STOC #
Has anyone ordered from them recently? I cannot order through their website. There is no phone recording this Saturday afternoon, just numerous rings and a recording that says their answering system is off.

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
That don't sound good. I ordered from them towards the end of March from the website. I received my order in a week or two.

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I ordered my tip over bars and peg extenders in March and they came promptly. However I was not able to call them at that time. Site said do everything online.

Ron

v8-7

Site Supporter
I ordered something (online )yesterday and got a receipt form paypal for the payment .

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
If I remember correctly I had to go back and re-read the instructions. They are particular about how you order. Don't know if that would help.
Ron

OP
OP
BendBill
Bike
2007 ST 1300
STOC #
Thanks to all for the info. I'll try again Monday when their office is supposed to be open

Bike
05 ST1300
Maybe a 'glitch' in their system. Seems I heard/read that they are closed Fridays. I ordered hiway bars approx 2 weeks ago, got a paypal receipt next day, got the blades approx 1 week later. They did good by me. Ordered late Thurs, got the receipt Fri. All online.

OP
OP
BendBill
Bike
2007 ST 1300
STOC #
A follow up report: Dianne answered my e-mail request on Monday and product is now on its way. Note--if you forget your password :-?, you must contact their office by e-mail. They clear your old info and you then make a new customer ID profile.

wgelhar

Wade
Bike
2002 ST1100
I ordered a passenger peg extension on July 17th. They charged my credit card 2 days later, but I have received any information since. I have tried to email and call. Does anyone know their status?

Thanks guys.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Its uncertain. Search for another recent post describing MCL's woes - or rather, the woes of STOC members who recently ordered from MCL.

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
I ordered a replacement highway blade on July 31 and was charged the next day. I have since sent 2 emails and called twice. No response via email and the phone rang through until it stated that the answering service was turned off. Lucky for me STripper had his old, scuffed blade so I have a useable blade while I wait for mine to get here. . . Hopefully

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JQL

Growing old disgracefully :)
Bike
NT700VA
I've read most of the posts re Motorcycle Larry over the years, and I get the impression that they are still in business but very much part-time for the motorcycle parts. Everyone seems to get their orders in the end but, it can take a while or, even, a while of a while...

Reading between the lines, it looks like they manufacture the items in small runs, when they have a). the time and b). sufficient orders.... If you're lucky, your order makes up the minimum quantity at the right time and you get the items quickly. If you're not, you're waiting (maybe even a while of a while...)

Due to the excellent (possibly, even exceptional) quality of their items, I have the foot peg lowering kit, I am prepared to give them my money and wait the two - four months it can take for the items to arrive.

Although I ride all year, I look at my orders from them as a "winter project".

Last edited:
Bike
09 ST1300
STOC #
I've read most of the posts re Motorcycle Larry over the years, and I get the impression that they are still in business but very much part-time for the motorcycle parts. Everyone seems to get their orders in the end but, it can take a while or, even, a while of a while...

Reading between the lines, it looks like they manufacture the items in small runs, when they have a). the time and b). sufficient orders.... If you're lucky, your order makes up the minimum quantity at the right time and you get the items quickly. If you're not, you're waiting (maybe even a while of a while...)

Due to the excellent (possibly, even exceptional) quality of their items, I have the foot peg lowering kit, I am prepared to give them my money and wait the two - four months it can take for the items to arrive.

Although I ride all year, I look at my orders from them as a "winter project".
As others have stated elsewhere, that's fine - small shops with specialized products for a bike that's not even made anymore are the perfect sort of business to support. But return a freaking email and answer the phone. If I got an email 2 weeks after my order and they told me it would be November or December before I received my part, I would be able to decide if it was worth the wait. Instead, I fired money off into what appears to be a black hole.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
It was just mentioned in another very recent post in another thread that a member here got an email returned 'address not found' or something similar. I assume the address is correct so I'd be concerned about getting an outstanding order filled.

With credit card and PayPal protection the money is safe but it's still a frustrating experience not getting what you want and having to jump through a hoop to get your money back.

Bike
2010 and 2008 ST1300
Just thought I'd throw in my recent experience with MCL. On September 6[SUP]th[/SUP] of the year I purchased a Gen II footrest blade to replace one that broke during a tip over of my wife’s ST1300 (refer to confirmation below).
It has been over a month and I have not yet received the replacement part, nor I have I received any sort of communication from “MotorcycleLarry.com” updating me on the shipping status of my order.
In the past, I have made other purchases from MCL without a problem, but as it’s been over a month since placing my order and not receiving my purchase (after being charged for it) AND not being able to contact MCL, I must say that I am a bit concerned.

I sent a certified email to the "Contact Us" address, on October 13th, hopefully I will get some sort of response.

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
Just thought I'd throw in my recent experience with MCL. On September 6[SUP]th[/SUP] of the year I purchased a Gen II footrest blade to replace one that broke during a tip over of my wife's ST1300 (refer to confirmation below).
It has been over a month and I have not yet received the replacement part, nor I have I received any sort of communication from “MotorcycleLarry.com†updating me on the shipping status of my order.
In the past, I have made other purchases from MCL without a problem, but as it's been over a month since placing my order and not receiving my purchase (after being charged for it) AND not being able to contact MCL, I must say that I am a bit concerned.

I sent a certified email to the "Contact Us" address, on October 13th, hopefully I will get some sort of response.
I still haven't heard back about my order from July 31st. . . Left several emails so far with no response. If you call, it will ring through and eventual say "answering service is turned off".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bike
2010 and 2008 ST1300
Like everyone else, I tried calling (several times) only to get the same "ansswering service is turned off" message.

Also to correct my last thread, I sent a certified letter to MCL. If they are no longer in business , the postal service should let me know when there is not place to deliver my letter too.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
With all the negative posts about MCL you would think they would do something about their horrible customer service.

Top Bottom