Im leaving boston

Glad to see you got away from the snow and back on the road. Looks like you dodged a big rain or did you? Great pictures.

After being in the hills so long, its nice tocrank it a bit thru the grasslands!
But look ahead!View attachment 275009
Well, that doesn't look nice! I had that same view for a couple of hundred miles one summer heading west through S. D. My biscuits and gravy finally wore off around 4pm so I said, the hell with it, I'm stopping for lunch in Rapid City. About 1 hour after leaving, I finally caught up to those clouds and MAN! did it rain hard for 30 minutes. I kept riding cuz there was no shelter to be had anyway. The rain stopped, the sun came out and presented me with a road grime covered bike! Be careful out there, it might be more snow! Jevers

out there its hard to judge how far off that storm is but it makes the scenery look more dramatic. Stand on the pegs and you could see across the state.

u have 75 mi left in your tank and u start to worry!

@mmmsted, this is where a gps shine. Not to know wich way is Boston, but to know where is the next gas station.
Find it really usefull once. My wife was asleep, and she always worry that we ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere. It never happend to us, but she still worries about it.
So once, in our road trip, she was asleep, I was driving, enjoying the gorgeous landscape, when I realised with horror that the tank would be soon empty.
I quietly made a search on the gps, to find out that there was one gas station in the area, located some distance away.
The car computer told me we were having barely just enough gas to reach it. But, I had to go directly. It was a tense moment...
When I reached the gas station, the wife still asleep ask where we were. I told her : "keep sleeping baby... just stopping for gas".

@mmmsted, this is where a gps shine. Not to know wich way is Boston, but to know where is the next gas station.
Find it really usefull once. My wife was asleep, and she always worry that we ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere. It never happend to us, but she still worries about it.
So once, in our road trip, she was asleep, I was driving, enjoying the gorgeous landscape, when I realised with horror that the tank would be soon empty.
I quietly made a search on the gps, to find out that there was one gas station in the area, located some distance away.
The car computer told me we were having barely just enough gas to reach it. But, I had to go directly. It was a tense moment...
When I reached the gas station, the wife still asleep ask where we were. I told her : "keep sleeping baby... just stopping for gas".
U never called me “baby”! Im a bit jealouus! I use gas buddy a lot but there was no reception.
Im in farm country bigtime. Ive had like five people pull over to make sure im ok. Makes it hard to take a pee!

Not really on the mileage. I dont really care. Gas is a ton more expensive than last year tho. So, bring some extra sheckles!
I feel the same way. I don't care how much it costs to ride my bike, it's still cheap therapy! I'm more concerned with range than costs. Good luck out there! Jevers

Back
Top Bottom