NM: Tag

Re: NM Tag

I'm fairly certain that this tag is on US 60. George got my tag in Socorro and called Big Tom from Show Low. George admits going through Quemado, so draw a line from Socorro to Show Low through Quemado and it comes up US 60.

I'm fairly certain that this tag is on US 60. George got my tag in Socorro and called Big Tom from Show Low. George admits going through Quemado, so draw a line from Socorro to Show Low through Quemado and it comes up US 60.

(Shhhhh! Someone will hear you...) ;)

That's my guess as well, but I don't think I can get there in time to claim it.

Steve

If no one gets it before noon Saturday, I'll have to wait til I'm on my way home at the end of May! Come on, folks, move that tag! :D

Gee willikers, you tell them what road it's on and all but take a picture and noone goes for it!!! I guess the problem is once you get there you have to turn around and go back some where to get a new tag!!!

Gee willikers, you tell them what road it's on and all but take a picture and noone goes for it!!! I guess the problem is once you get there you have to turn around and go back some where to get a new tag!!!

I say get yur new tag on the way there, then go ride US-191 in AZ. :D

Or, go to AZ first and get the tag old and new on the way east. Either works. I just want someone to get so I can get it back on the way home next month. :D

I know exactly where it is and hoped to get over there this week. We were hubbing out of Alamogordo, riding loops out and back Saturday, Sunday and Monday. But, we've moved to Taos and will be riding northern NM the rest of the week. Highly unlikely that I'll get over there guys.

Steve

Here's George's old tag and my new tag for NM. Really had a good time today!!!

I'm gonna post my Muffler Men now.

Attachments

• AZ tag 033 (Medium) (2).jpg
    AZ tag 033 (Medium) (2).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 45
  • AZ tag 034 (Medium) (2).jpg
    AZ tag 034 (Medium) (2).jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 48
  • NM tag 012 (Medium).jpg
    NM tag 012 (Medium).jpg
    111 KB · Views: 61
Holy cow Mac, that could be any town in NM. Guess I better asks my locals..Nice move. I see you gotcha a new Wing, very cool.

I think I know about where it is. Safe from me, tho, I ain't doing US-60 thru NM any time soon. :D

I don't know how many of you who tag, know about the web site "ghost towns", but I just went there and checked out this town and my tag was shown when I checked to see if this town was listed.

No, there was a singer with the first name Sarah, back in the 40's and 50's whose last name is the same as this town.

Yowser!!!

Now I know everybody is wondering how the heck did Motomac get that far from I 40???!!! Big accident just east of Clines Corner and shut down east bound traffic. Two cop cars after I had sat for 10 minutes. The amount of traffic in front of me said I was probably 30 seconds to a minute after it had happened. Probably 1/2 mile of big rigs and 4 wheelers. I had passed a Vespa 15 minutes ago and he startled me when he lane split up along side. Turned out he was from San Jose headed for Dallas on this 125 Vespa, decked out in an Aerostitch with a 550 Zumo and an extra can of gas bungied to his floor board. Any how no meat wagon. I figured we weren't going to go anywhere until it arrived or they arrived, so after conversing with Carole, I crossed the median and headed the 3 miles back to 285 and headed south and east to 54. I filled my gas tank at Vaughn and as I was topping it off I looked around and thought, "there is a whole herd of tags in this place". After tagging the old Juke Joint, I continued back to I 40 on 54 and there was no traffic east bound when I got to the big road. So, I don't how long the road was shut down, but I'm glad I made the detour. I may have had to camp in the median if I had stayed where I was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom