linked brakes

Hi, can anyone please tell me when the linked braking system came into paly on the st1100. I have an american manual that states that the system came in durring 1996, and a british motorbike review that states the all models had the linked system in the UK,
which is correct, I have a 1992 bike, are the braked linked, what do I need to look for to find out,
thanks,
terry

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Honda did not equip the ST1100 with linked brakes until 1996, and then it was only the ABS models. All standard ST1100s, regardless of year model, have non-linked braking systems.

STraycatt

Go Ride!!
Bike
2013 Black CB500X
STOC #
Different question in the same vein. Is it possible to retrofit a 91 with linked brakes without installing full ABS?

If so, what would I need to get?

-Adam

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Different question in the same vein. Is it possible to retrofit a 91 with linked brakes without installing full ABS?

If so, what would I need to get?

-Adam
Probably possible but likely not cheap. The linked braked ST1100s have larger diameter forks with different mounting points than the STandards. In addition there are different calipers (3 vs. 2 piston) and different (smaller diameter) front rotors. As the plumbing for a linked but non-ABS bike doesn't exist from the factory, you would have to fabricate all the brake lines from scratch. Oh and you would have to buy a different front fender and likely have to fit the wider front wheel and tire assembly to get everything to line up.

Top Bottom