LA: Tag

Gunz

Houligan
Bike
'08 1300
STOC #
LA: Tag (2011)

I have braved the Super Dome, though I thought I heard automatic weapons fire while I was taking the pictures.

The new tag was one of the best rides I've had in a long time. I hadn't been on that particular road in at least 30 years. The only thing different from all those years ago was the lack of structures.

Attachments

OP
OP
motomac
Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I have braved the Super Dome, though I thought I heard automatic weapons fire while I was taking the pictures.

The new tag was one of the best rides I've had in a long time. I hadn't been on that particular road in at least 30 years. The only thing different from all those years ago was the lack of structures.
Mark, that tag in NO was moved by Jeff and Lynne. The new tag is out in the Basin, though yours is probably easier to find!!! Check post 14. I think you looked at the quote by Papa and thought that was the tag.

Gunz

Houligan
Bike
'08 1300
STOC #
Aw crap. Don't tell my wife! I busted out 425 miles on these 3 tags, and I went to the wrong one...

Mark, that tag in NO was moved by Jeff and Lynne. The new tag is out in the Basin, though yours is probably easier to find!!! Check post 14. I think you looked at the quote by Papa and thought that was the tag.

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Mark, sorry for the confusion, we were glad to get out of NO when we were there. The new tag location is much less crowded........

Gunz

Houligan
Bike
'08 1300
STOC #
Mark, sorry for the confusion, we were glad to get out of NO when we were there. The new tag location is much less crowded........
Oh hell, you didn't do anything. I just didn't catch your post when you moved the tag. It's too bad, the new tag I picked out was an awesome ride through an old highway built in the 20's, basically unchanged in 30+ years, other than a lot of missing stuff from Katrina. I agree about getting out of NOLA. I remember being in the French Quarter as a kid with my grandpa. That's where I saw my first "pasties"; looking into a bar from the street, my grandpa laughing as we walked away.

Today, I wouldn't be caught anywhere near that scene past 8 in the evening, and never be in NOLA when something is happening in the dome.

Anyway, I guess I'm gonna have to ride to Shereburne WMA. As we say in unofficial correspondence, "Sierra Hotel"!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Here is my first try at the tag game. Took me a few Google searches to narrow down where the old tag was. Once I got that I decided to take a ride to find it. Ended up easier that I thought it would be to find once I got there. Hope I did it correctly.

Old
Old.jpg

New
New.jpg

MelvinC

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Here is my first try at the tag game. Took me a few Google searches to narrow down where the old tag was. Once I got that I decided to take a ride to find it. Ended up easier that I thought it would be to find once I got there. Hope I did it correctly.
MelvinC

Nice job on your first tag!! :wave1:

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Melvin, great tag. This is the first LA tag from someone actually from Louisiana. Glad to have you playing with us..........Jeff

STOC #
Jeff commented on how LA riders were not participating, so here you go Jeffery.

Good luck, this one may be a bit difficult.

New Tag.jpg New Tag

Old Tag.jpg Old Tag

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Here you go the LA tag is moved again. Mike, you are right about LA Hwy 77 it is a nice ride with a lot of turns and good scenery. Jeff, your also right about the purpose of tag being getting to ride interesting roads, and see cool locations. I probably would not have rode on Hwy 77 if it were not for the tag game. It was well worth it. Hwy 22 is also a nice ride

Mel

Old
Old.jpg

New
New.jpg

Stop and see the alligator while your there

STOC #
Ok Melvin! I see you like Hystorical Markers. Cool. If I had known yesterday, I could have moved it again. Oh wait, that is my bike in that picture. Close anyway.

Glad you liked the roads.

Gunz

Houligan
Bike
'08 1300
STOC #
Old tag was in Ponchatoula. New tag is way down south. It would have went farther south, but flooding from the Mississippi covered the road and I was forced to turn around.

Whoever goes and gets this next beware: Plaquamines Parish Sheriff's Department loves laser.

Attachments

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Louisiana tag moved. Good ride but it was hot. Rode the Goldwing because my ST1300 was apart for Farkling

Old
Old.jpg

New
New.jpg

Close up of the plaque imbedded in the sidewalk
Close Up Of Plaque.jpg

Melvin

Top Bottom