STOC TAG

Bike
ST1100Y (2000)
STOC #
Mac, Peter & Derek. I will be at BritStoc 11, however, do not know if I will still have the TAG at that time as Keith is maybe coming north of the border in early June. One way or another, either of us will get it there. Cheers

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
It has been a privilege and a pleasure George...... only wish I could have met the guys when they were with us....

Hoping business picks up and generates enough income for me to bring the TAG back next year to Moonshine personally.....

:please1:

Bike
ST1100Y (2000)
STOC #
Hi folks. Thanks for the opportunity to carry the TAG. Sorry that I have not posted earlier, a combination of work and 100mph winds have kept the bike in - I wondered why there was a disclaimer at the top of the thread! Having picked up the TAG from Les in Dunoon I took the quick way home and used the ferry. I know that Les has already posted a picture from the ferry, however, met these guys from Germany who were heading for Newcastle, England on the next leg of their tour having each done around 4500 km each. First photo and signatures in the book.

Attachments

Bike
ST1100Y (2000)
STOC #
Hi folks. Had the bike out for a short ride tonight after work. Started in the hills behind my house and then went up to the Falkirk Wheel. The first picture shows the Forth Valley looking toward Edinburgh, sorry but the photo does not show the intended background of the Forth road and rail bridges. The next show the wheel - a rotating boat lift that allows small craft to negotiate the canal network from Edinburgh to Glasgow.

Attachments

Bike
ST1100Y (2000)
STOC #
Hi Folks. From there I went up to the historic town of Stirling - famous fo the Battle of Stirling Bridge, or as Hollywood likes to call it Braveheart! Managed a couple of shots of the bridge, the castle and Wallace's monument, however given that it was early evening they were closed for the night. More pictures to follow as I have a day off tomorrow and will try and get through to the east coast.

The first photo shows the plaque at the bridge, 2nd the bridge with the castle in the background. The next 2 are from the front of the castle and show the statue of King Robert the Bruce - who also fought the English at the battle of Bannockburn in 1314, (is there a pattern emerging here?). Wallace's monument and the Forth valley provide the backdrop. The last is the castle looking from ground level from the west side.

Attachments

Bike
ST1100Y (2000)
STOC #
Hi folks. The last 3 are of Wallace's monument. Sorry i could not fit the TAGs and the bike and the monument in the same picture.

Ps. Any advice as to how to upload the photos so that they do not appear as thumbnails would be greatly appreciated - please send me a PM to avoid taking this threa of track. Thanks

Attachments

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
Cammy, excellent work sir!

That TAG is travelling!!!!

The thumbnails are fine by the way!

Bike
ST1100Y (2000)
STOC #
Hi again. Managed to get out for a run today and followed the Forth valley to the east coast. A strange thing happened in central Scotland and the sun came out for most of the day, managed to ditch the all weather textile suit for leathers. I was able to get some decent shots of the Forth rail and road bridges, both from the north side in the Kingdom of Fife, North Queensferry and Queensferry in the south. The rail bridge was always being painted to keep it going - it was said by the time they finished it was time to start over! The work on it now is to put a modern coating on which will negate repainting.

Attachments

Bike
ST1100Y (2000)
STOC #
And the next stop was another castle. The capital city of Edinburgh this time. The castle sits at the top of the Royal Mile, with many interesting and historic buildings along the route until you get to the end at Holyrood House, the Queen's official residence when she is in Scotland. Unfortunatly, Prince Charles and Camilla were due in later that evening and the place was in lockdown. Right opposite is the Scottish Parliament, which was built at a cost of ?400 million, only 10 x over budget!
The building half way down is St Gillies cathedral.
The other view is from The Mound looking over Princess Street garden towards the Sir walter Scott Monument.

Attachments

Bike
ST1100Y (2000)
STOC #
Hi. 2nd last stop of the day was the village of North Berwick, where the Forth opens to the sea. En route passed through a small village of Drem - nothing in it except a traditional phone box - seemed like too good a picture to miss. Finally stopped at Yellowcraig Beach, where I have spent some really good times with the family on holiday. The Fidra lighthouse is a great backdrop. Glad to be able to share the place with you all. Until the next ride....

Attachments

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I didn't pick him, he volunteered..... and you know what they say about a volunteer..... better than ten pressed men.....

Absolutely superb Cammy, you are taking all the pictures I couldn't get the time to go and get!!!

Thank you for continuing the travels of the STOC MEMORIAL TAG with such great enthusiasm!

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Very nicely done, Cammy. Awesome pics, inspiring us all to expand our travel radii.
Thanks for bringing the Boys to these great locations.

Bike
ST1100Y (2000)
STOC #
Hi folks. The sun was out, the kids were at school and my wife was away for the weekend - only one thing for it then, South west Scotland. Left the house and used the motorway to the A71 and A719 to Ayr. Tried to get a few pics to show the twisties and the scenery en route.

Attachments

Bike
ST1100Y (2000)
STOC #
The last two pictures above show the Ayrshire coastline, and from where it was taken I headed into the town of Ayr, and on down to Alloway. Followers of Burns might have heard of this so I stopped by his cottage. From there I headed down the coast. Might not quite be the PCH, but on a sunny day in Scotland I could use my imagination. The first picture is of Dunure Castle wich is now a ruin. The next shows the isle of Arran. The next is of the same castle from the village of Dunure.

Attachments

Bike
ST1100Y (2000)
STOC #
Hi. A few more shots of dunure, the coast and the harbour. The 3rd and 5th have Culzean castle in the background. Don't know how well it will look as it appears a bit hazy.

Attachments

Bike
ST1100Y (2000)
STOC #
From there I continued South. Stopping at Turnberry for a couple of shots in case there are any golfers amoungst us. I then headed for Newton Stewart in Dumfries and Galloway and onwards into the New Galloway forrest. Looking at the scenery so far it could be the US in minature.

Attachments

Top Bottom