MD: Tag

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
Oppps , since I was along can I go get the other picture to satisfy the requirements ?

scootac

Will Ride for Food
WOW!!! A tag on post #34, and the next one not till post #70???? Lot of jaw exercise in between!!!
Looks like you Southerners need to ride more and not spend so much time at The Cozy!!!:D
And you're still arguing if the tag counts or not! And you such a little state to start with!
Sheeesh!!!!:D:D:D

ST4Sal

Gone Riding!!!
Bike
02 ST1100
STOC #
Mark,
I have another hobby involving my M/c and collecting Bonuses (Boni) One of the big sticking points for me is reading comprehension. I had the pleasure of riding in WV and MD this weekend and what pretty country that is. Great Weather and great roads + Great time and it got even better as my wife was with me. Scenic 40 is just the tip of the iceburg

Gene

STOC #
Sal hang around till next weekend and I'll give you a proper tour of Md and parts of WV !

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
We can go either way on the reading comprehension thing, Sal. Jed posted pictures of two locations when the rules imply one, but I'll take 50% credit for not having grabbed second picture.

If I can rant for a minute:

We're not running the Iron Butt Rally here; it's a friendly game of tag designed to encourage people to get out and ride.

I got out and rode, which the regulars in this thread know is a rarity for me, and not by choice. Saturday morning's trip to move the tag and the short ride around Frederick County that followed is the most time I've done in a single sitting on two wheels in two years. Until Saturday, it had been more than a year since Gene and I had been out for a ride together, and we used to do that every chance we got. When I do get out, I usually ride alone because the amount of saddle time I can handle would have garnered a "why bother?" before my health went south, and my riding style these days is neither sporty nor touring. I didn't hang around and explore the cemetery because I have to budget my energy carefully and have to think constantly about how much I'm using and how much I have left. When I approach the end, my mental acuity goes out the window and it becomes a lot more risky for me to be on the bike.

It kind of frosts me that I rode, moved the tag, am still paying for it 48 hours later and on top of that have to defend the way I did it. Had my limited riding range not been an issue, the tag would be here (read the headline and follow the link to the picture) and I would have sprinted over to Greenwood afterward for some chicken, which I've been wanting to do again since 2007.

That's the last I'm saying on the subject, because George is right: we should be moving the tag around, not yakking about it.

--Mark

ST4Sal

Gone Riding!!!
Bike
02 ST1100
STOC #
Mark,
Your "Rant" Hits the nail right on the head. And really should not be considered a RANT as it is based on facts. ( to me is a rant is just one's opinion that is usually baseless except to the Rantor) As a Newbie to this TAG stuff, What I find appealing is the fact that you can choose to grab a tag or bypass it. Thus enabling guys that like to and can ride long distances to do so and guys that like shorter rides and can do so, both can participate. To me what should be a simple thing (ride and move the flag) has turned into more of a keyboard exercise. I must admit that I never thought about health issues, and will take "accessibility" into consideration when/if I place my next tag.

Is there something we a s a group can do to make it more inviting to rest of the group? My one tag placement was close to my home and I thought I'd buy whomever the finder was lunch/dinner as a way to get to know you guys. Turns out my tag was captured while i was gone this weekend.

I end all my posts on another Forum with I hope this finds you well. and it seems appropriate for this posting so

I hope this finds you well

Sal

PS. I'd really like to ride with Gene and you sometime. Regardless of Pace or distance.

Last edited:

Gene

STOC #
There are only 2 md guys playing so it kinda takes some of the fun out of it in our own state
Posted via Mobile Device

scootac

Will Ride for Food
There are only 2 md guys playing so it kinda takes some of the fun out of it in our own state
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe go to ADV Riders, http://advrider.com, and play in their tag games? That's what I do up here, and have gotten a LOT more riding in for ADV tag than an ST-O tag.
There's certainly more activity on ADV, (understandable since it's not limited to one model of one brand) and up here it does move along quickly,,,, 6 tags in the last week,,,, in an area of low population. When it gets to the cities, it doesn't last a day. I think there's more than enough tag games to play if you look for them in other forums.

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
:bump And you're not limited to your state only. Ride to another and move the tag within the state if you want to. Object of course is to get out and ride. Encourage others in your state to move the tag. Maybe they juST need informed of the game. I didn't know about it until recently myself and I've been around for a while. Once I found out about the game, it became exciting to do. If not for the little 450 I ride, I'd be out there getting tags in IL, OH, IN, WI, and MI. Fun game, people juST need to be informed and encouraged. Have fun and ride safe! :D:D

Gene

STOC #
Lady Esparonza , that is just the coolest name !! at least when she says . Thanks Tom it was stuck for a while

Blrfl

Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Good job getting the weed. :yes:

If I get up there to snag that one, I think it's getting moved to central or eastern Maryland.

--Mark

Gene

STOC #
Dave and i past a mile from the covered bridge friday ebening ehen we were old acting like holigans and even talked about the tag being up the road. Glad we didnt move it.

Blrfl

Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Son of a :cus:. I just got back from nailing that one, and had I not stopped to take a shower and process the pictures, I'd have beaten you to posting it. (I moved it almost exactly the same distance, but to the southeast.)

Well played.

--Mark

Bike
2007 ST1300
Sorry Blrfl.:eek:: We just happen to be going through that area on the way to Pa. MD sure is beautiful in those mountains.
Maybe one the MD riders will move it now.

Btw the way I haven't had a shower yet.:D

Blrfl

Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Eh, no worries. I got 255 miles of good riding out of it. Might take one of my FJR-riding cow-orkers out for that one, 'cause he likes US 50 between here and there.

--Mark

Top Bottom