"Northern Exposure" Bygdawg and Indypup Trip...

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I made it home last night about midnight after stopping by my parents house in Indiana. ;) I'll have to sort though my pictures and post some good ones for you guys. ;)
Woo-hoo! Rider #2 is home safe and sound! Glad to hear it Indy, and glad you guys had such an awesome trip...along with all the 'adventures!!' :)

Great pics, Jay! Keep 'em coming, guys!

Patty

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Woo-hoo! Rider #2 is home safe and sound! Glad to hear it Indy, and glad you guys had such an awesome trip...along with all the 'adventures!!' :)

Great pics, Jay! Keep 'em coming, guys!

Patty
Thanks Patty!

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Did you guys get to stop out at Two Sisters Cafe? Terry would be disappointed if you didn't...

OP
OP
bygdawg
Bike
ST 1300
You need witness forms for the start and finsh as well as the receipts to complete the Ironbutt ride Jay. I always say the paperwork is harder than the ride, nice story.
I didn't write down the odometer mileage on the receipts at each gas stop. Is this a deal breaker, or will the receipts, total mileage, witnesses, and my spot map suffice?

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I didn't write down the odometer mileage on the receipts at each gas stop. Is this a deal breaker, or will the receipts, total mileage, witnesses, and my spot map suffice?
You can always submit and try, but if milage at gas stops is required I would bet its a deal breaker.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
From the IBA website:

The following log entries and completed witness forms are mandatory:

Log entries must be made at each gas stop (sample attached). A log entry includes the following information; DATE, TIME, TIME ZONE, LOCATION (i.e. Moline, IL) and ODOMETER reading. A receipt must accompany each log book entry (please note, that the receipts from these gas stops, where possible possible should include a date stamp - we do NOT care about time stamps on these receipts, do not waste time worrying about time stamps, the only time stamps that are critical are the start and finish receipts!).

OP
OP
bygdawg
Bike
ST 1300
I read that as well, but I wondered if it would cause them to invalidate the application. I suppose I could use my mapping software and calculate the mileage between locations. However, I'm sure it would be off a bit. I don't think it would matter that much, but I have never submitted for it before, even though I have logged several 1,000 and 1,000+ mile days.

OP
OP
bygdawg
Bike
ST 1300
And yes...The theme for my videos would be "Shaky much?". :) Will work to get the Contour videos up sometime in the next week or so.

tlartist

Tom Laux
Bike
ST1300
Didn't reread all the posts, but you can just figure the mileage place to place and submit. Not sure if you got witness sigs at start and end but that is also needed. Just fill out the forms and map your route and if you have receipts and signatures you should be good to go.

I read that as well, but I wondered if it would cause them to invalidate the application. I suppose I could use my mapping software and calculate the mileage between locations. However, I'm sure it would be off a bit. I don't think it would matter that much, but I have never submitted for it before, even though I have logged several 1,000 and 1,000+ mile days.

OP
OP
bygdawg
Bike
ST 1300
Where the Iron Butt verification form list "License Number", are they wanting my license plate number on the bike or my driver's license number?

Thanks,
Jay H.

Top Bottom