Mellow's Summer Trip

Louie Louie

How is your Moab Jacket working out? Have one on my wish list !

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
So Joe how's the bike doing ? Looks like your camping gear is packed up nice & small. Safe travels.:07biker:
The bike is running great, always love the better mileage at altitude. I did notice my left headlight on and off, looks like the connector is melted. I built separate wire harness so i could run 65w bulbs instead of the stock 55w ones but it appears wiring isn't the issue, I think the small headlight internal area just gets too hot. I had 1 oem bulb with me and put that in and it appears to be fixed now. It was always the left on with the biggest issue even though the right one also shows signs. When I get back I may drill some better vent holes and add a tube to keep it somewhat watertight.

As for the camping gear, well it's easy to pack small when your side bags are the size of a u-haul trailer. Lol
How is your Moab Jacket working out? Have one on my wish list !
Just a jacket, nothin special. I removed the belt as it was a hassle to zip up the jacket and snap the belt and since I have neither a slim or athletic build it's useless anyway lol.

Riding in these areas this time of the year, I'm thinking an AST or Transition 3 would be better, for cool and rainy times.

Bike
04 ST1300
Very nice, thanks for the scenic pictures, they refreshed me at the work place and also made me feel an overwhelming urge to take a trip.
Is the seat stock, corbinized or spencerized?
As for the bulbs, why dont you just HID them as you usually do, they will then run cooler i guess.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Day 3 - Just a little over 600 miles, stopped at the KOA in Vernal, UT - wanted to end early and in daylight so I could mess with the headlight connectors but they haven't gotten any worse so I just replaced the other 65w bulb with a 55w one.

Lots of short-lived storm cells all day, get soaked and cool, dry out and get hot, repeat lol.

I haven't done 141 in CO in years and wow, gotta do it more often.

Not nearly as much traffic as I would have expected so that's always good.

Some pics from today.

Attachments

TinyL

Wingin It
Bike
2010 Wing
STOC #
Some nice areas you will be going thru today! Bring your 300 WinMag? Great Elk hunting in the Flaming Gorge area...or if one of those Dinosaurs are running around Vernal again :D

dannyk

SISU an inner spirit
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
The cold front is due to pass thru our area by thursday, hope you brought some lectrics, looks like its going to be a great weekend for riding and relaxing in the Mi,Wisc. area.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Yeah, 52 this morning, great camping weather. At McDonalds waiting for the sun to come up before heading into flaming gorge.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Mellow,
Just checked your spot and I see you are just starting down bear tooth pass (9:01 eastern time). Hope it stays daylight for you. Don't think I would want to do that road after dark.

Greg

Louie Louie

He just checked in from the beartooth highway! This is fun and addictive! Sorry Joe.

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Beautiful pictures and looks like a great trip, thus far. I'm envious of what you are getting to do this week! And that pie looked a LOT better than that sandwich I bought you last Saturday!

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Day 4 - why do the 600 mile planned route when you can do an 850 mile route? I donno....sometimes you just don't want to quit..lol

Endex up in Greybull, WY at a KOA again, had a hard time finding camping outside the forest/mtn areas and I'm just not good at stealth camping. Some pics then I'm passing out..

Attachments

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
There's something to be said about not having to stick with a "plan" and just going where the day takes you :D

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
You got through my growing up neighborhood yesterday Joe, cool pics too! I have never seen the turkeys though, and I lived there, LOL.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
From one turkey to another, great pics. :D

Turkeys are making a great come back everywhere, I see'em all over the place these days.

Nice sunset.

Top Bottom