Vinny's New England trip

Bike
1200RT, 1200GS
STOC #
Vinny,

Im jealous. Enjoy the trip. Isnt the saying "without pictures, it didnt happen"? Just sayin'.

OP
OP
vinny
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
To day was a great day. We left Edenton, NC this morning, rode to Virginia Beach. Spent some time there and ate lunch. I was amazed how much it has changed since my days in the US Navy stationed at Little Creek, VA. The place doesn't even look the same! Much better I might say. We then rode to the Chesapeake Bay-Bridge tunnel and then on to coastal communities along hwy 13. Some of the bigger places included Ocean City, MD, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. We have stopped in Georgetown, Delaware for the night. Looking forward to turning inland for a while, maybe we can find a few hills and a few more curves! The beaches are nice, but I am now missing the main reason I own a bike... Roads with character!
So, soon we will be traversing such roads and leave the beaches behind... Maybe I need to change the name of this thread to "The surf and turf tour"...

Vinny

The previous corrected link should open all the photos. For future photos, I may just wait until the trip is completed and learn how to manage them properly and give a final link so you can enjoy them is smooth form.

OP
OP
vinny
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Things continue to go great... can you believe the weather? Got to say, God has blessed us with good weather. Anyway, we left Georgetown, DE this morning on two lane highways and headed for Hershey, PA. Toured the chocolate factory, then took off for Scranton. We are spending the night in Scranton, PA then headed back east to the Connecticut coast. Will hug the coast and should end up in about Providence, RI .... well, that's the plan... actual events may vary!

LarryC

SToog2
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Hey Vinny, you heading into Maine? If so, stop in East Boothbay at Bet's fish fry. Fresh haddock you'll never find anywhere else. Tell Bet that "Sparky" sent ya. Oh yeah, free beer tomorrow at Bets!

Bike
1200RT, 1200GS
STOC #
Things continue to go great
I'm really happy to hear this. You guys have earned this trip (and a lot more). Enjoy and please be safe!

BTW, if you've never had fresh haddock (make mine fried)...you are in for a treat. THE BEST fish on the planet.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I hope your trip continues to go well Vinny. Have a safe and happy time.

OP
OP
vinny
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Well, what can I say it has been another wonderful day! We left Scranton this morning intending on traveling mostly two lane roads. Well, the gps insisted on routing us on and off of I-81.
We did spend approximately 50% of our travel on two lanes, especially after arriving in Connecticut. The highlight of the day was the Hudson River overpass along route 35! OMG! what a terrific scene! We were not able to stop on the bridge and take a picture (the bridge was probably 4 to 5 hundred feet over the river) we did stop at an overlook shortly after and take the only pictures we took today.

Attachments

OP
OP
vinny
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Tomorrow morning, we will be on our way to Cape Cod and more than likely spend most of the day touring the area. Will try to be near the Boston Suburbs tomorrow night. Then Saturday morning it will be off to Bangor, ME. Depending on what we stop to see along the way, we could be making tracks toward Montreal via New Hampshire by Saturday afternoon or evening.
Look out Jim and Patty, coming your way. Will send PM's when I get a good bead on the time slot. Looking like Sat/Sun time slot.

OP
OP
vinny
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Hey Vinny, you heading into Maine? If so, stop in East Boothbay at Bet's fish fry. Fresh haddock you'll never find anywhere else. Tell Bet that "Sparky" sent ya. Oh yeah, free beer tomorrow at Bets!
Larry, had the fried Haddock, but was in Kennybunkport, not East Boothbay. Was great... was the best fish I have ever ate!

OP
OP
vinny
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Sorry about not posting anything last night, was too busy doing the laundry. Yesterday we spent the entire day touring the Cape. What a beautiful place... lovely, expensive homes, nice little towns with lots of shops. I was really surprised they even had hills! Yes hills! Anyway, spent the night in Boston area and this morning we traveled up the coast, visited Kennybunk, Wells, Kennybunkport, and ended up at Bar Harbor. The last half of the day we spent battling a 30mph cross wind, the air temperature got cooler.... but the scenery. got better. I would describe Bar Harbor as "Tennessee hills meets the ocean". The place is beautiful, spectacular new England architecture all up and down this coast. We had fried haddock as LarryC suggested, only we ate in Kennybunkport and not East Boothbay. We did feast on Maine lobster once we arrived here in Bar Harbor. It was the "Down East Special" Consisting of Cup on clam chowder, lobster, fries, slaw, and a slice of wild Maine blue berry pie with vanilla ice cream on top..... Yeah, baby, It was good!!!! Have pictures, but you will have to wait until I have time to process them..... sorry.

Bike
1200RT, 1200GS
STOC #
We had fried haddock as LarryC suggested, only we ate in Kennybunkport and not East Boothbay. We did feast on Maine lobster once we arrived here in Bar Harbor. It was the "Down East Special" Consisting of Cup on clam chowder, lobster, fries, slaw, and a slice of wild Maine blue berry pie with vanilla ice cream on top...
You're killing me. Think I can get an order to go?

Bike
2006 ST1300
Amelia and I were fortunate enough to enjoy dinner with Tom & Beverly today. I also rode across Rt. 2 to the VT border with them, and I wish I could have gone further. Very, very nice people, and they sure are enjoying their trip! I (maybe even we) hope to get to Georgia to visit them in the future.

091612170241.jpg

OP
OP
vinny
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Amelia and I were fortunate enough to enjoy dinner with Tom & Beverly today. I also rode across Rt. 2 to the VT border with them, and I wish I could have gone further. Very, very nice people, and they sure are enjoying their trip! I (maybe even we) hope to get to Georgia to visit them in the future.

091612170241.jpg
Bev and I have been on the road for eight days now. It was great to meet Jim and Amelia for a meal and talk... actually make new friends. Right back at you, Jim. The two of you are good folks and just great Americans. What is so important to me, is you helped Bev to see why I love the folks on this forum. You actually helped my riding future..... Hope to see you again soon, and your welcome at our place anytime.

Bike
2007 Ninja 500
It was great meeting both of you and I am sure Jim will be hounding me about making a trip to Georgia. Possibly in the near future! When it comes to road trips on the bike he is like the kid in the candy store. "Can I have it, can I have it?" :please1:LOL
Have a great trip and I am sure you will enjoy your visit with Patty!

Top Bottom