Ride For Cambodia?

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Anyone here up for an ADVenture? From the Husaberg Adventure Team:

Dean organizes a charity ride for children's schools in Cambodia every year. It starts in Phnom Penh January 21. We will buy used scooters, outfit them with knobbies, and enduro through the jungles, beaches, and rivers for almost two weeks. There is no entry fee, you just need to get to Phenom Penh and buy a ~$600 scooter that after the ride is sold with the proceeds going to the schools. Everyone is invited, both experienced and inexperienced riders, females and males over 16. Riding can be as easy or challenging as you want but your safety is your own responsibility! Come ride with Dean, Barton (of Husaberg Adventure Team) and a great group from around the world. The ride takes less than 2 weeks- easy vacation from the usual even for Americans! Visit www.rideforcambodia.com for details.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Re: Cambodia?

After seeing Top Gear's ride thru Vietnam on scooters... that would be a BLAST!!!!! :bow1:

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #

This is a definite possible for me since I'll be in the Golden Triangle area in January and February.
Looks like a blast as long as we don't hit any landmines:) LOL :) ... and do a little charity work as well.
I assume you are going George?

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

I already have my kitchen pass, need to start checking out the particulars. Quickly, only 3 mo, 20 days away.

Deba sez (I think I'll keep her), "Sounds like the chance of a life time, you better go if you want." :D

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

From the 2012 Blog:
"We stopped after a few km for fuel and a bite to eat, and in this unlikely little roadside restaurant had one of the best meals of the trip. Chilli crab, stir fried pork and vegetables, steamed rice, iced coffee and a beer for good measure. We were happy."

Yummm, :eat2:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
What an adventure that would be and for a great cause....

This is one of those things that makes you appreciate the opportunities you've had in life..

Going in the bucket list for sure.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

I already have my kitchen pass, need to start checking out the particulars. Quickly, only 3 mo, 20 days away.

Deba sez (I think I'll keep her), "Sounds like the chance of a life time, you better go if you want." :D
George, I'd gladly throw in a few bucks to help with the cost of this to get you there... just let us know.

Bike
2003 ST1300

I am definitely interested since I have a plan to be in Thailand with a couple of other SToners in January. Have not booked the ticket for Bangkok yet. But I am "fixin to git redy" I think my biggest reservation is my dirt riding skills (or lack of). .:D

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #

I am definitely interested since I have a plan to be in Thailand with a couple of other SToners in January. Have not booked the ticket for Bangkok yet. But I am "fixin to git redy" I think my biggest reservation is my dirt riding skills (or lack of). .:D
Does anyone really have dr skills... On a scooter? :nuts1:

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
'Geezer, 200 lb, 100cc commuter bike,,, maybe a little mud but mostly just rural roads (it ain't gonna be monsoon season.) My dirt skills run the gamut from none to only-fall-occasionally and I ain't worried. :D

I'm looking at round-trip air from Vegs directly to Phnom Phen between 1800 and 2200,,, considering adding leg thru NZ and/or AU.

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

Folks, this is a charity fund raisers (all proceeds go to your designated charity,,, THIS is mine.

Once fully committed, I'll set up a separate Pay Pal link and pass any contributions directly to them.

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

Double check on air-fares, I can go out'a LA for a Kuul Thou,,, big diff.

Bike
2003 ST1300

Does anyone really have dr skills... On a scooter? :nuts1:
I've heard, if you can't pick it up by yourself, it ain't an :adventure bike". I think I can pick up one of these "light scooters". Therefo we would be on an adventure??
I just got scared when George mentioned "knobbies".

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Just watch the bridges.. lol

[video=youtube;OB-kdv5YVEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB-kdv5YVEg[/video]

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #

I am definitely interested since I have a plan to be in Thailand with a couple of other SToners in January.
So it looks like we now have Moe, Larry, Curley and maybe a Shemp. ;) Dinkie get your photo shop ready... :)

I am planning to fly from Newark to BKK (Bangkok) around January 8, 2013 where I'll meet Joe (Olegeezer). I'll fly back about 90 days later after touring so I'll have plenty of time to add and change the plan. It's debatable whether you'll need shots but my infectious disease quack, not surprisingly says I'll need a Hep A and B, a Tetanus, Cholora, and Typhoid shot. Sounds more and more like a real adventure. Does SPOT cover that neck of the woods?

Looking forward to seeing the Wats, especially Angkor Wat.

George, you may want to join Joe and me in Bangkok a few day before the Cambodia ride and we can overland to it together.

Bike
07 FJR1300
STOC #
Folks, I can leading the ways at Thailand and Laos (homeland) also could speaks the languages, But Cambodia or Vietnam I can't, but would be a life time dream trip that I always wanna do ride in SEA (South East Asia) I hope, I can do these trips with you guys. Will be finalize on this event sometime next month with Da Boss, also $$$ issue on my part. But HOPE is on its way!:) especially fundraising http://www.rideforcambodia.com/ that would be a great ideal with the Boss!

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Tip, This trip would be epic, even without you. With you, it would be even better.
Hope you are able to pull it all together to come along.
Can you sell some of your collectible moto stuff and spare parts for cash?

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Danny et al, I'm figuring Bankok ~mid-Jan, overland to Phnom Phen and do that part, then (maybe) NZ and/or AU for a couple weeks. Might as well make it an epic journey. ;)

I haven't mentioned 90 days to Deba yet, got build up to that slowly. :D

Also, gotta pry my wallet out of it's deep pocket and make use of some of the long-held retirement funds. The expense might delay the purchase of a new bike for a while but I don't need one yet anyway.

Got a call from Dave, one of the event principals. He sounds absolutely like our kind of guy. He offered that it's about as cheap to fly from BKK to PNH as it is to go over land, but there are nice places to stop on the way if we have the time. Schedule.

I anticipate this is gonna be a fun reason to... GO RIDE!!!!

Tip, hope you can make it.

Danny and 'Geezer, look forward to seeing youse guys in Bankok.

Who else?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Hope it all works out, gonna be a very cool trip.

Top Bottom