Highrider reporting from Colorado

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
We (Nick and myself) made it to the Denver area in 15 hours, ran through some storms in western Nebraska. We picked up my friend and his daughter and heading out this morning to the rally in Boise, ID. The only crisis so far, while checking tires as we were preping the bikes in Denver, we found 2 nail holes in the brand new front tire of my friends BMW.
From Boise we are heading to Glacier Natl Park, and then south to the TOR Rally in Paonia, CO. ,Then back north to visit a friend in South Dakota.
See you guys in 2 weeks.

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Glad to see the adventure is well under way. Ride safe and make sure to collect evidence of the trip. ;)

Curt

STOC #
What rally is going on in Boise ID? I am 52 miles away from there and have seen or heard anything this way??

OOOOoooo nevermind. Ride For Hope. Out of Meridian ID. Good event

Last edited:
STirps said:
What rally is going on in Boise ID? I am 52 miles away from there and have seen or heard anything this way??

OOOOoooo nevermind. Ride For Hope. Out of Meridian ID. Good event
Or maybe he's talking about the BMW RA rally; (which is my guess) - I'm heading there today myself; be nice to not be the only ST rider in the sea of bavarian bikes - and although I own a BMW GS, the ST gets the nod on this ride; it's just soooo much more comfy..

OP
OP
Highrider

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Update ---

Yes, it is the BMW RA rally, we made it this afternoon. Lucky to get access to a computer, updates when possible. So far everything is going good, the weather has been great -72 degrees and sunny, until we got to Twin Falls, then it shot up to 92 degrees.
While stopped at Big Bear Lake, Nick parked the ST1100 on a slope - anybody got a used right side mirror cover for sale. Still taking lots a pics, will post as soon as possible.
Checking out for now.

OP
OP
Highrider

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Trip report - post #1

OK, here is part 1 of my report of the 2 week trip - haven't figured out how to include pics in order -I'll describe some of what is posted:
2 days to Denver and 2 days to the Boise BMW Rally, Stopped at Twin Falls, Idaho to see the Falls. Camping in Boise at the Fairgrounds was OK, the groups of people were a little spread out. Registration was low, there were about 1/3 the people than were expected.
The roads in Idaho are GREAT! -lots of winding roads following the rivers through the mountains.
Glacier Nat. Park - had some rain and fog -still a great place to ride.
Spent a day in Yellowstone to fight the traffic and see the sights.
We got caught in a storm heading south in Wyoming, almost hit by lightening, about 100 yards away.
Camping in the Rockies was great - lots of flies to deal with.

Attachments

OP
OP
Highrider

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Trip Report - Post #2

BMW Rally #2 ? Paonia, Colorado ? this is a great party. If anyone has the chance to go, make the trip. There were 6 or 7 Honda ST?s at the event. There were more than 800 people camping ? about 1060+ registrations. Great bands in the evenings and great weather for sleeping.
We rode 5600 miles - a fairly easy pace for the 2 weeks. Coming home was a little tough - going through eastern Colorado and Nebraska on Sunday we encountered heat in the 110 - 115 degree range. 14 hours in that was a long day.

Attachments

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Thanks for the pictures Dave. We missed you at the RTE in Madison. Get back quick and make it to Galena. :)

Curt

Top Bottom