OP
OP
Digiamo

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Yea! I'd say if George didn't have that hat on, he'd either have missed the collision because he would have seen it coming or he'd have been scalped.

sent from across the river on Tapatalk

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I don't think I would have seen it as it was straight on edge, 16 ga. Pretty thin. I am very glad I had the hat on.

OP
OP
Digiamo

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
A parting shot of the deep water demo hat and its bouyant new model, Sarah.

She teaches English to five year olds and has lived in Thailand for nine months.
Tapatalk

Last edited:

motomano

Jose L. Vazquez STOC # 674
Bike
2006 Goldwing
STOC #
A parting shot of the deep water demo hat and its biuyant new model, Sarah.

sent from across the river on Tapatalk
Nice hat model Danny, but I was hoping seeing a pic of you using the famous palm shirt along with the hat!
Sorry about George's cut, fast healing!
Joe: as for those ST Owners Caps are they DOT or Snell? :D

OP
OP
Digiamo

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Joe, George and I shared the complimentary limo van that Max, our sailboat provider included in the boat deal. George should be in the air and we are settled into our $15 room here in Luang Prabang, Laos. After the usual tears and hugs we bid George farewell and a safe journey homeward.

Right out if the cab in LP, we met a trio of young Swedish gals who helped us enthusiasticly with much needed local information which led us to this cheap but cool room.

First person we met came in behind us at the guesthouse, a 70 years old Brooklyn Jew who picked me out as a NY,er after about two syllables and I pegged him too. He,s been traveling continuously for four years.
We are gonna get along just fine.
Via Droid pro & TT2

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
...a 70 years old Brooklyn Jew who picked me out as a NY,er after about two syllables...
Danny, I hate to burst your bubble but the rest of us can pick you out as a New Yawker after two syllables also... :p:

Keep the updates coming! Maybe we see see you at Moonshine. I've got the feeling you aren't going to want to come back anytime soon...

OP
OP
Digiamo

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Danny, I hate to burst your bubble but the rest of us can pick you out as a New Yawker after two syllables also... :p:

Keep the updates coming! Maybe we see see you at Moonshine. I've got the feeling you aren't going to want to come back anytime soon...
I guess it all depends on which syllables ;)

I'm tryin' hard over here... the Droid Pro is a bear to get posts out on but its TapaTalk App makes the pics easy to post so I muddle through it. Add a really weak WiFi connection and I'm ready to throw it all out the window.

Thanks for the feedback on the updates and the accent. :)

OP
OP
Digiamo

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
A sunset over the Mekong River in Luang Prabang, Laos.uploadfromtaptalk1363279184550.jpg
Joe demos a Lao beer at a Mekong riverside resaurant.
uploadfromtaptalk1363279289554.jpg

A street market in LP...
uploadfromtaptalk1363279646748.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1363280553351.jpg

Last edited:

motomano

Jose L. Vazquez STOC # 674
Bike
2006 Goldwing
STOC #
Nice pics Danny, thanks for taking the time to upload them passing thru the difficulties of your backup Droid, as for the Mekong River, I hope you'll see at least one of those Giant Catfish elsewhere.

Bike
07 FJR1300
STOC #
Danny Joe, welcome to the land of Lang Xang (Million Elephants)( well, @ one time there were more elephants then people in Laos) anyhow say Sa-bai-dee to the folks for me eh also your Yankee's friends... Have fun and let me know if any things I can helping on your adventure in Laos. Luang-Prabang was once the capital of Laos royal town lots of antiques stuffs to see and enjoy. Have fun! I'm glad you guys got to my homeland!

Joe, George and I shared the complimentary limo van that Max, our sailboat provider included in the boat deal. George should be in the air and we are settled into our $15 room here in Luang Prabang, Laos. After the usual tears and hugs we bid George farewell and a safe journey homeward.

Right out if the cab in LP, we met a trio of young Swedish gals who helped us enthusiasticly with much needed local information which led us to this cheap but cool room.

First person we met came in behind us at the guesthouse, a 70 years old Brooklyn Jew who picked me out as a NY,er after about two syllables and I pegged him too. He,s been traveling continuously for four years.
We are gonna get along just fine.
Via Droid pro & TT2

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
WiFi at LAST!!! Ya gotta be in the departure gate area for free internet at BKK. Anyway, all is still good in Laos. Funny, Danny, I met three Swedish GUYS on the observation deck here as we camped for many hours before our respective flights. Got a tag shot too. :D

IMG_1258 (1200x900).jpg IMG_1259 (1200x900).jpg

Hope youse guys have a great time in Laos,,, find Cyrus and some rental bikes. Post more pics. :D

Bike
2006 ST1300
With all the pics you are getting, you missed THIS? :D

Glad you are still having a great adventure! I'd say adventure of a lifetime, but for most it would take several lifetimes to get this much traveling in! Good to see you all making the most of every bit of it.

OP
OP
Digiamo

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
With all the pics you are getting, you missed THIS? :D

Glad you are still having a great adventure! I'd say adventure of a lifetime, but for most it would take several lifetimes to get this much traveling in! Good to see you all making the most of every bit of it.
Thanks NH, Now just so you know, we are experiencing some censorship by the mods on the fleshy provocative shots. Some are, in my opinion, no more relieving than a boat or a car advertisement so even if I get an "art" shot up here, it may not last.

But your sentiments are noted. :)

Thank you Mellow, for the opportunity to share this trip report with ST-Owners.

OP
OP
Digiamo

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
WiFi at LAST!!! Ya gotta be in the departure gate area for free internet at BKK. Anyway, all is still good in Laos. Funny, Danny, I met three Swedish GUYS on the observation deck here as we camped for many hours before our respective flights. Got a tag shot too. :D

IMG_1258 (1200x900).jpg IMG_1259 (1200x900).jpg

Hope youse guys have a great time in Laos,,, find Cyrus and some rental bikes. Post more pics. :D
George, Looks like stealth camping in BKK airport. These guys look like perfect matches for my Sweds in Laos. :)
Gotta notify Cyrus that we are in town, but last I heard, he is out on a scooter ride south of us on the mountain twisties.

We'll see.

Glad you are still TAGGING the good times.

OP
OP
Digiamo

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Danny Joe, welcome to the land of Lang Xang (Million Elephants)( well, @ one time there were more elephants then people in Laos) anyhow say Sa-bai-dee to the folks for me eh also your Yankee's friends... Have fun and let me know if any things I can helping on your adventure in Laos. Luang-Prabang was once the capital of Laos royal town lots of antiques stuffs to see and enjoy. Have fun! I'm glad you guys got to my homeland!
We think you you often, Tip. Sure wish you were here to share this experience.

Now, do you have GPS coordinates on that famous site where you were born? :)

The Plain Of Jars is a six hour bus ride from us so we'll see if that gets into the plan with scooters or motorbikes. I know the road to Vientiene is on the top of the list.
The scooters and motorcycles are a lot more $$$ (or KIP here in Laos) than in Thailand, especially the bigger 250cc bikes. They are up around $50 per day.

OP
OP
Digiamo

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Nice pics Danny, thanks for taking the time to upload them passing thru the difficulties of your backup Droid, as for the Mekong River, I hope you'll see at least one of those Giant Catfish elsewhere.
Da Nadda, Jose. Don't expect a SCUBA dive in this Makong River...The visibility may be down to centimeters :) ;) :)

Bike
07 FJR1300
STOC #
Danny, checks around some more on bike rental also negotiations on prices you gotta lowball them about 30% then works your way up. $50/day is very high, is that for 2bikes? I'm born in (VTE) Vientiane (The capital of Laos) community by the old soccer stadium closer to downtown area, yeah, you guys gotta ride on HW13 south to HW7 for Plain of Jars then come back on 7 hit 13 south to VangVieng you both will love it there. VangVieng to Vientiane on bike will be about 3hrs or so.

We think you you often, Tip. Sure wish you were here to share this experience.

Now, do you have GPS coordinates on that famous site where you were born? :)

The Plain Of Jars is a six hour bus ride from us so we'll see if that gets into the plan with scooters or motorbikes. I know the road to Vientiene is on the top of the list.
The scooters and motorcycles are a lot more $$$ (or KIP here in Laos) than in Thailand, especially the bigger 250cc bikes. They are up around $50 per day.

Bike
2003 ST1300

Pic from dinner last evening from the Mekong. We were trying to figure out why the long boats are designed the way they are? Whats the advantage? These are quite different from the Thai long boats where the prop shaft does not go thru the hull.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
My post-Cambodia ride isn't over yet: flight from Tokyo to SF was cancelled. Happens. What ticks me off is they knew it before we all got on the Bangkok plane with no attempt to 'splain and/or make other arrangements. UA strikes again. Got an Air Malaysia flight to LAX, only costs 4 hour delay. BUT, the only seat to 'Vegas requires an 8 hour lay-over in LAX. I could drive home in 1/2 that time, skipping 'Vegas all together. Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

On the bright side, I still have my health. :D

Danny and Joe, get bikes then...

GO RIDE!!!!

Top Bottom