MI: Tag

Raj_Zin

AKA Steve
Bike
FJR1300A
STOC #
"Open March - October"... Who will be the first to brave the terrible Michigan in March ;) weather to see if they truly have the finest frozen custard in the world??

-STeve

Bike
2004 ST1300/XR650L
STOC #
Who will be the first to brave the terrible Michigan in March weather
It has been a truly brutal winter once again and I hope all the rest of them will be just like this one:please1:. However, this is Michigan so it's still to early to put the snowblower away :snow1:. Jeff moved our tag about halfway to Maine and someone needs to go move it back west. Who will it be?

Raj_Zin

AKA Steve
Bike
FJR1300A
STOC #
Jeff moved our tag about halfway to Maine and someone needs to go move it back west.
Halfway to Maine :crackup

With the weather as warm as it has been, perhaps the tag would appreciate being moved north for some heat relief

-STeve

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
Got up early to grab this tag in Ionia.
IMG_0158A_web.jpg

Arrived there just before sunrise to snap the shot. The trip up from Sturgis was uneventful, however the trip back, a teenager thought I needed a brake test. Passed with flying colors. Watching that front vehicle tire works really good.

Came upon a crotch rocket, nice fellow, but he thought he was pretty quick. I showed him! :D

Learned that it is better to dress warmer first. I stopped two times to up the ante. Just wish I would have started with the warmer stuff first.

Brought the tag south with me to a lovely covered bridge.
IMG_0160A_web.jpg
IMG_0161A_web.jpg
IMG_0163A_web.jpg

"YURIT"

Last edited:

STurgisSTeele

Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
I saw that tag sitting there when I was in the process of purchasing the bike and thought this would be a nice first tag with the new bike. So I'm glad it worked out.

Bike
2004 ST1300/XR650L
STOC #
I took a ride down to Three Rivers and stumbled on this tag, pretty cool old bridge John! Anyways, I took it north a little and found a nice little sleepy town along a river, it's just big enough to have it's own post office.

The old...then the new.

Dennis

Attachments

STurgisSTeele

Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
Nice ride today. Good weather and excellent company. One of my boys went with me to get this tag and to set the new one.

Old
IMG_0299_web.jpg

New
IMG_0300_web.jpg

They have a motorcycle gather on Thursdays according to their sign.
IMG_0301_web.jpg
IMG_0302_web.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

STurgisSTeele

Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
I ended up going to/through Battle Creek but decided I really liked where I set the tag already. Probably really doesn't matter where the tag goes, just that it gets moved and we have fun doing it.

I should have taken a pic or short video of Lamont. There were many flags lining the streets. Looked really neat.

Bike
'03 ST1300 ABS
Went out to pick up the 'E' and I was half way to the tag so I moved it...

New tag has some history with it. This is one of the two remaining of the 1051 built for WWII. She hit the beaches of Normandy 30 times during the D-Day operation.

Old Tag:

ST1300A_Grant_Depot.jpg

New Tag:
ST1300A_LST.jpg

Top Bottom