First Trip in a long time - Middle Tennessee

Bike
2006 ST1300
Got to take my first trip on my "new" 2006 ST1300 this weekend. Lot's of first - first time on bike, first time wife riding old bike, and first trip with kids (11 and 16). Decided to short little run staying in Middle Tennessee - our home. Left Franklin mid-day Sunday to cloudy skies and rumbling thunder. Expected to have rain (and grumpy kids) but was well treated by the big guy above - no rain to speak of at all for two days. Headed down to Bell Buckle - a cool little town south of Murfreesboro for a great lunch at the Bell Buckle Caf?. From there, wandered over to Tullahoma and down to Lynchburg. Kids loved the square, we spent time walking around and checking it out. Headed east towards Monteagle - stopping by the University of the South - which is a beautiful campus up on the Tennessee Plateau - very English looking. Spent the night in Monteagle at the Smokehouse Lodge. Up the next morning and East along the Plateau - heading to Bersheeba Springs and Altamont - stopping by the Stone Door State Natural Area to catch a few views. On to McMinnville, then to Woodbury for lunch - then on home to good old Franklin. Nice way to spend a Labor Day weekend! Al

Attachments

Last edited:

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Aldonis-sounds like you all had a GREAT time?? Isn't just a hoot to be able to take the whole family along?? Brings back a lot of memories for me. Long time ago when our boys were young, we used to take them everywhere riding behind us on our Gold Wings. Both boys have well over 100k miles on the back seats. You'll cherish the memories someday. Take lots of pics.

Top Bottom