Fall Along California's Central Coast

Fortunet 1

Fortunet1
Bike
06 ST 1300
Most folks who live across the great expanse of the US have the perception that our state is wall to wall freeways and people, with very little open space left to get away and relax near the ocean. Another misconception is the weather. I can't tell you how many times I have run across folks from Germany, or out of state riders, that rented a Harley in San Francisco (in the summer) and ended up being shocked it was so cold along the coastal routes. Fog is pretty common near the coast during the summer, but our secret lye's in the fall and winter months. The big pluses are that all the tourist's have fled for their prospective digs, the kids have been returned home just in time for school, and the fog has been beat back into submission by the lack of the inland heat that used to suck it in close to shore.
Traveling up coast Hwy 1 last Thursday was a great example of what I just described above. I spotted a small single pull out between the berms beside the road, doubled back and found no cars parked next to a gate that its only message was, "Do not block the gate." Simple enough, so off down the trail we went with snacks, beverages and blanket under our arms. What we discovered was an empty, clean, trackless, gorgeous beach, filled to the brim with all of the elements for enjoyment and relaxation. The fog cruised along off shore like a distant silent freight train, the sun friendly and warm pleased every inch of exposed skin. The gentle early fall waves lapped steadily across the flat wet sand..... lulling you into a euphoric mind cleansing stupor. Nothing seemed to change for an hour our two, with the exception of the cheese and cracker supply running lower and the sun slowly creeping towards the oceans surface .

If I dialed my conscience down just a wee bit ............... I could imagine this to be in Australia.
Make it a great day today !

The Garlic Press News

Attachments

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Those are all lies and Photoshop folks!! Do not believe a single word out of his mouth!! Are you crazy don't let the cat out of the bag!! :D

Tmac79

Tim
Bike
06 ST1300
Is that woman in pink Kim Kardashian? I understand she lives near there, and is always jumping in front of cameras.....

California is a beautiful state. I've had several great visits.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Nice pics but that DOESN'T look like a deserted beach????????? I've been up and down Hwy 1 quite a few times myself and can say that it is a nice ride, most of the time. My Apple kiddo is trying to talk us into moving to Cali but we just can't afford it.

Bike
None
STOC #
Most folks who live across the great expanse of the US have the perception that our state is wall to wall freeways and people, with very little open space left to get away and relax near the ocean.
Although I had visited California on a few occasions in the past, my travels were generally near large metropolitan areas and always in a cage. Those visits were nice, but didn't overwhelm my senses. However, after three visits to the state on my bike, including two trips on the Pacific Coast Highway and riding through many of the more remote areas in the north, I have come to the conclusion that California is not given enough credit for its great variety and incredible scenery.

Thanks for the nice photos and write up, and for helping us remember the beauty of your state.

OP
OP
Fortunet 1

Fortunet 1

Fortunet1
Bike
06 ST 1300
Nice pics but that DOESN'T look like a deserted beach????????? I've been up and down Hwy 1 quite a few times myself and can say that it is a nice ride, most of the time. My Apple kiddo is trying to talk us into moving to Cali but we just can't afford it.
Sorry for the contradiction (deserted beach's) The first three photos above were taken on the coast north of Santa Cruz and Davenport, near Pigeon Point light house.
That is where I find the least visited beaches. The sunset photos are just up the beach from Monterey...and the crowds there were gathered for the spectacular sunset unfolding that evening. Other wise that beach would be easy access as well. Nice to find the less used areas...if yer a local.

Travel easy~ Enjoy the ride !

Top Bottom