Took the Harley out for a week trip 4200 miles and interest in seeing phots from ride

Not sure if its acceptable or not since this is a Honda site, but I left the ST home and rode my Harley with my Dad on his Ultra Classic and my brother on his Dyna Wide glide. We rode places most of you probably have before but this was a first for the three of us. We rode up through Hwy 80, then cut up through Casper WY over to Gillette and on in to Sundance Wyoming on hwy 90. We road needles hwy, iron mountain road, spearfish canyon, the badlands SD. Saw Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower, Rode Beartooth pass, Big Horn Mountains and saw buffalo, deer, antelope and wild sheep or goats. Visited Rapid City Harley and Sturgis before the wankers arrived. Real nice trip for a father and sons outing. left on a Saturday and returned on Tuesday this week. one bike broke (dads) and we had to stay 2 nights and a full day and half of another in Red Lodge Montana until a rescue vehicle arrived. Total trip mileage according to odometer was 4200. My brother and I blasted back from Evanston Wyoming at 0630 stopped for 3 hours in Salt Lake City for him to get a rear tire, and arrived home at 2230. Mileage was a little over 900 that day and most of it in the rain. We hadn't planned on returning until August 13 but with my dads bike not running we figured we end the trip too. we were going to go through Yellowstone in to Idaho< Washington and Oregon visiting family and friends along the way. Guess that will keep for another trip. I was wishing Igofar did bike detailing.

So if there is any interest in seeing the photos I can post them if not I understand.

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Re: Took the Harley out for a week trip 4200 miles and interest in seeing phots from

Are you kidding? We love pictures of those riding around the country... we don't care what you ride, a Honda may be why you came here, but riding and friendship is why you stay, I hope... patiently awaiting the pics (while sitting on my Yamaha LOL).

OP
OP
Flatbroke
Re: Took the Harley out for a week trip 4200 miles and interest in seeing phots from

Are you kidding? We love pictures of those riding around the country... we don't care what you ride, a Honda may be why you came here, but riding and friendship is why you stay, I hope... patiently awaiting the pics (while sitting on my Yamaha LOL).
Cool I will work on getting them posted up. Thanks

OP
OP
Flatbroke

We Left my house headed for SD on Saturday morning, blasting through Hwy 80 with a goal of stopping in Winnemucca for the evening. Dad doesn't like to ride too long In the day since his double Bypass.

Attachments

OP
OP
Flatbroke

Next day we motored on with the intentions of staying In Rock Springs Wyoming at the Outlaw Inn. wasn't a fancy place but was nice enough, had free computers with internet, an indoor pool and an onsite restaurant.

Attachments

OP
OP
Flatbroke

Hwy 80 through Utah was wide open looked like something was going on in the Bonneville salt flats. dad decided he needed to do laundry at the hotel but there wasn't any machines

Attachments

OP
OP
Flatbroke

we cut up and headed toward Casper Wyoming. Lots of flat ground and antelope all over the place. some really nice Rock Mountains in the distance

Attachments

dmcleane

Dave Elliott
Bike
2014 Super Tenere
STOC #

Thanks for posting the photos and the ride report. Bummer your dad couldn't continue the ride with you. Still sounds like a great time with your dad and your brother - nothing like a family get together on bikes.

OP
OP
Flatbroke

We got lost in casper and I laughed hearing my dad and brother argue about which way to go. Since my dad had the only atlas between the three of us I followed him,

Attachments

OP
OP
Flatbroke

We Stopped at the Gillette Harley dealer on the way In to sundance and while we were there a tweeker was stealing stuff and placing it in his pickup out in the parking lot. The staff finally caught on and gave chase. So did my brother but the guy jumped the fence and ran across 4 lanes if I-90 without looking. my brother got the guys cell phone that fell out of his pocket when he jumped the fence. The jerk left his 3 or 4 year old son in the pickup with the stolen goods when he ran off.

Attachments

OP
OP
Flatbroke

Lots of pretty nice country we rode through and we were also lucky dodging rain storms along the way

Attachments

OP
OP
Flatbroke

I just realized that a lot of you spent time in this area on a yearly basis, but we have not been before so thanks for being patient. Iron mountain road was cool so was needles hwy in Custer Park

Attachments

OP
OP
Flatbroke

Saw buffalo a lot closer than Id like to have. The big one in front of me started heading toward a guy riding two up that was getting close taking photos. A ranger drove his truck in between them. That guy was back peddling pretty fast lol

Attachments

carpdm

Site Supporter
STOC #

No matter what you rode or where you went...it's a fabulous trip to ride with your brother and how lucky you are to have your dad along too. Thanks for the post and pics.

OP
OP
Flatbroke

I got to tour Sturgis, Full Throttle saloon was a dump inside. nothing like whats on TV. I got to Ride Ohlins shop bike and they are fixing my rear shocks free of charge. I only have to ship mine to them. They never seemed to work right. no way stock Harley shocks should out perform the top of the line Ohlins.

Attachments

OP
OP
Flatbroke

Badlands are amazing. hard to believe you go from flat prairie to deep canyons. No wonder the outlaws tried to out run the po po there.

Attachments

OP
OP
Flatbroke

Wall South Dakota was a nice town to visit and eat lunch after a hot ride through the badlands.

Attachments

OP
OP
Flatbroke

My dad found a friend to talk to inside Wall Drug. I told my brother he ought to wear rain gear on the way back but he didn't listen. he did from then on

Attachments

Top Bottom