Took the Harley out for a week trip 4200 miles and interest in seeing phots from ride

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Re: Took the Harley out for a week trip 4200 miles and interest in seeing phots from

Great journey Flat! I can't help but think of the movie 'Wild Hogs' as I look at some of your pictures ... :D

OP
OP
Flatbroke
Re: Took the Harley out for a week trip 4200 miles and interest in seeing phots from

Great journey Flat! I can't help but think of the movie 'Wild Hogs' as I look at some of your pictures ... :D
My son's were teasing us about that too. saying we better not be playing marco polo. I was calling my brother Dudley for a while too.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #

Wow you guys got to see some great areas on your ride, thank you for sharing!!

OP
OP
Flatbroke

Were at one point bikers, then I felt like we were in the scene where the guys in wild hogs were pushing their bikes as we were pedestrians. I was able to get my dads bike running so We could load it on to the pickup. My brother in Law drove up to Montana because nobody would rent a vehicle one way and Billings Harley said they were too busy to work on the bike. The people at the Red Lodge in were very nice and I highly recommend staying there.

Attachments

OP
OP
Flatbroke

After My dads bike was loaded about 1430 hours Monday. my brother and I shagged toward Rock Springs. we hit some pretty heavy rain, couldn't hardly see and were riding about 40 mph on the interstate with Lightening all around and were not getting passed nor were cars or semis catching us. we could not get a room in Rock Springs. I found a room In Evanston Wyoming at about midnight, what a wet, non-visible ride. He was showing cord on his rear tire so we shagged on over to Salt Lake Harley arriving at about 0730. they got us in as soon as they opened at 0900 and we were on by 1030. My rain gear was soaked on the inside so I took the opportunity to dry it out while waiting (Nelson Riggs). My brother was wearing frog tog and they ripped badly some place in Montana lol. My shift lever was falling off south of salt lake and I adjusted it up a spline, cranked on the bolt and added a zip tie for good measure. it made the rest of the 800 miles through mostly rain without issue. It was a long day. we were over 900 on the ODometer that night and I wanted to make a 1000 but we never kept any documentation so it was pointless.
The ride over Donner Mountain in the Rain was interesting too. Dang semi trucks riding in the middle lane for no good reason didn't help matters either. This was my brothers first ride of any distance, mine too. He just got his license about 6 months ago and made the ride on a dyna wide glide with a stock seat and no backrest. he did pretty good because that bike is uncomfortable.

My bike burned 2 quarts of Redline oil over the 4200 miles, pretty high heat and rolling 80 for long strethes but it shouldn't burn or use that much. I am going to send a sample off to black stone. The motor is and S&S 124 with 640 cam and 10.8 compression. it had 19500 miles on motor now.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #

Looks like all kinds of fun. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom