First ride in Florida

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Woo hoo! Better than at home... would have to have the spiked tires on the ol'girl if you wanted to ride this time of year!

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
The curve must have been on or off the interstate,,, :))) I'm jealous mine is in the garage for the winter.
People that say that have probably not been off the interstate while in Fl. Come ride with us sometime and we will promise to stay off the interstate. We like to hear FLSTOC attendees say "I never knew FL had roads like these". :)

Bike
2000 ST1100
I couldn't even get the bike out of the garage. The driveway is steep and slick ice coated. I need to put my F250 into 4wd to get it parked.
the only thing to do is look at maps and plan trips.

It looks like if I take the sidecar rig to the USCA National rally in CO. I can swing up to the NatSTOC Rally the following weekend in SD.
I had to ride the ST to the USCA Rally last year because the Old Wing crapped out, so I guess I'll end up at NatSTOC with the rig...seems fair doesn't it?

Attachments

Last edited:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
If you can check out the Mt Dora, Howie In The Hills area there are a few "curvy" roads there. I lived in Amberg, WI from the age of 12 to 18. Love the UP...hope I can ride it someday!

Other than the few I mentioned above I'd sure like you to fill me in...I've been here 4 1/2 years and haven't had much luck finding them!
Well, Fort Pierce is good for hopping off to the Abacos but little else. If you are willing to ride a few hours hours north explore the triangle between Mt. Dora, Brooksville, and Gainesville. I'll meet you in halfway, say Clermont, if you want a guided ride one Saturday.

motofisch

(Scott)
Bike
2006 ST1300
I couldn't even get the bike out of the garage. The driveway is steep and slick ice coated. I need to put my F250 into 4wd to get it parked.
the only thing to do is look at maps and plan trips.

It looks like if I take the sidecar rig to the USCA National rally in CO. I can swing up to the NatSTOC Rally the following weekend in SD.
I had to ride the ST to the USCA Rally last year because the Old Wing crapped out, so I guess I'll end up at NatSTOC with the rig...seems fair doesn't it?

Wow! Two things I never thought I would read and they're both in the same sentence; "...I had to ride the ST..." and "the Wing crapped out." I do not comprehend either.:confused:

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Africa Twin
STOC #
Well, Fort Pierce is good for hopping off to the Abacos but little else. If you are willing to ride a few hours hours north explore the triangle between Mt. Dora, Brooksville, and Gainesville. I'll meet you in halfway, say Clermont, if you want a guided ride one Saturday.
Let me know when so I can tag along.

Bike
2000 ST1100
Wow! Two things I never thought I would read and they're both in the same sentence; "...I had to ride the ST..." and "the Wing crapped out." I do not comprehend either.:confused:
Well, So happy I could add a rich new experience for you. :D

"Had to ride the ST". Can you imagine my embarrassment showing up to the Sidecar rally without a sidecar? So "had to" was a very relative term. "Large Marge" is still my favorite girl.

The "Old Wing crapped out". I had the sidecar packed with all my camping gear to check out the alignment loaded. Took it for a a short ride when It died about five miles from home. It turned out to be the starter motor was locked up because of a sheared locating pin that holds the reduction housing, ring gear, and motor in alignment. A proper piece of nail fixed that. Now I just need to fix the leaky rear seal on the thing before riding season.

:eek::
jim

carpdm

Site Supporter
STOC #
Danny, keep the posts coming. I might end up in FL, late February or early April to do some riding. Though I will be renting a bike.

Top Bottom