dohyboy and Woodchuck in the Maritimes

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
It's obvious you two are doing the right thing to live large this summer, and reinforcing a great friendship while you're at it. Of course the slide show presentation which you'll do next month at OnSToc will be remembered for years afterward... Tech by Ron, commentary by Lyle, we can hardly wait! :D

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Just catching up with my reading here. Looking forward to following this thread as I'm hoping to head up that way next summer. Have fun . . . be safe . . . and I'll look forward to hearing more when next we meet.

Shuey

Bike
2020 Tracer 900GT
STOC #
Time for a few details. I road to Lyle's house 6/30. We left 6:00 am the next day to avoid the Canada Day traffic. We have ridden through NY, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. We have done site seeing along the way and have attempted to ride two lane roads. We are at St. Ann's Motel, which is on the Cabot Trail. Tomorrow we will ride the Cabot Trail counter clockwise, then ride to Sydney to board the ferry to Argentia Newfoundland. It's an overnight ferry, so we will sleep in our cabin and disembark on Thursday. The only difficult time was, as we were crossing Lake Champlain, it started to rain and turned into a downpour. We rode about 25 miles to our motel. After a few days we have everything dried out. Every time we see people Lyle is making friends, mostly with the females. If you know Lyle this won't surprise you. We a both running SPOT. We may meet a couple of ST riders from Newfoundland.
The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary are well aware of the imminent arrival of the "Cobbler Twins"

Woodchuck

(Lyle)
Bike
2018 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
So this is the first chance that I have to respond to Ron's Thread and her we go.
First off trying to get the guy out of bed is like pulling teeth, must be the age. The rides are great but I little tired of looking at Pine tree's. We are in Gross Morn Park and as we say every day WHAT ARE WE DOING....... LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!!!
We will be heading up to ST. Anthony's so Ron can dress up like a VIKING.

P.S having troubles sending PIC's

OP
OP
dohboy
Bike
2005 BMW RT
We have had long days and today is a short day to wash cloths and update. We did ride the Cabot Trail counter clockwise, after a morning rain and showers for the first half, then the skies cleared, the sun came out and it warmed up. Then it's off to the ferry boarding in North Sydney. We took the overnight ferry to Argentia. Waiting to board, some of you may not be surprised but Lyle was joking with everyone around us. He asked a fellow biker from NS if he had any trouble getting into the States with his criminal record. The rider took it in stride and made a crack about Lyle's height.
After leaving the ferry we went for a ride on the east side of Trinity Bay, then to St. John's. The ride was windy, too long and cold. By the time we got to our room we were too tired to hit George St. The following morning we visited the Terry Fox Memorial, then headed for Twillingate. We had a great ride there with sunshine and warm temperatures. The Iceberg Boat Tour left soon after we arrived and we got to see an iceberg up close. We are spending the night in Rocky Harbour NL, on the Viking Trail. I may not be able to post pictures until I return home but we will try. The weather here in NL has been improving. One day cold and windy and two days warm and sunny. By warm I mean in the mid 60s. Anybody watching our Spots?
Next report after we visit the Viking Settlement in St. Anthony's.
Ron

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
If you have time, the Western Brook Pond boat ride in Gros Morne is worth the money, up a fiord with 1500 foot cliffs. Karen and I stayed in the Gros Morne Cabins in Rocky Harbour for three nights and took the boat ride on June 28 this year. We spent two weeks on the rock and want to go back.

Newfoundland is amazing and the locals are super friendly, even to people "from away". When two locals are talking to each other, it's hard to understand what they are saying, sort of like listening to Lyle when he's had too many Yuenglings.

Enjoy your trip and you can tell us all about your travels at ONSTOC.

OhioDeere

Been There, Done That, Got the Shirt.
Bike
06 ST1300
We have had long days and today is a short day to wash cloths and update. We did ride the Cabot Trail counter clockwise, after a morning rain and showers for the first half, then the skies cleared, the sun came out and it warmed up. Then it's off to the ferry boarding in North Sydney. We took the overnight ferry to Argentia. Waiting to board, some of you may not be surprised but Lyle was joking with everyone around us. He asked a fellow biker from NS if he had any trouble getting into the States with his criminal record. The rider took it in stride and made a crack about Lyle's height.
After leaving the ferry we went for a ride on the east side of Trinity Bay, then to St. John's. The ride was windy, too long and cold. By the time we got to our room we were too tired to hit George St. The following morning we visited the Terry Fox Memorial, then headed for Twillingate. We had a great ride there with sunshine and warm temperatures. The Iceberg Boat Tour left soon after we arrived and we got to see an iceberg up close. We are spending the night in Rocky Harbour NL, on the Viking Trail. I may not be able to post pictures until I return home but we will try. The weather here in NL has been improving. One day cold and windy and two days warm and sunny. By warm I mean in the mid 60s. Anybody watching our Spots?
Next report after we visit the Viking Settlement in St. Anthony's.
Ron
Pic's Pic's? We still think your at home.....

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Great to meet and ride with you guys today. I made it home safe and sound, sun burnt and tired lol.
Pics to follow... video in a couple of days. Yes, they are in Newfoundland.

lectron

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300
following your trip with envy. have been to several of your locations. Hope you have a safe ride, and looking forward to your future post.

saddletramp8511

R.I.P. - 2019/01/01
Rest In Peace
Bike
2014 Gold Wing
Nice. Ok. We believe you now! Happy riding!
Well still not sure I believe them ....There is PhotoShop.....At any rate I suspect pics willbe few as they could be used in a court of law as evidence at a later date ....Be safe guys ....Bill

Top Bottom