• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

ON: A-Z (Round 9)

OP
OP
Jeff F
Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Zenda is another village that has no sign - the village disappeared except for a few houses at a country crossroads, between Norwich and Mt Elgin.

Screenshot (3).png

However there's one house with a Zenda sign on the fence. I'm not sure if that address # google is showing is correct but there's only about 10 houses all side by side on the same road. Easy to locate.
Screenshot (1).png

OP
OP
Jeff F
Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Jeff, tried to get Zimmerman last year as I used to live just up the road...... couldn't find the sign..... I'll look again on Wednesday when I head up to Milton to see my dentist. I got an idea, let;s use your pic!
Now that you mention it I can see your bike in that picture. Its the same colour as the sign and blends right in. ;-)

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Possible snow overnight and then Friday we are away for the weekend but if the weather cooperates next week I will go for a short ride to Zurich.

I guess we are nearing the end of another riding season, lets hope for a short winter.

Gerhard

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Been meaning to this for awhile but somehow never got around to it. Brinkley little community in North Middlesex, just a few houses, church closed about 10 years ago and the General Store about 10 15 years before that.

Attachments

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Took the bike to work today so on the way home I took the long way through a little town called Fullarton. Can’t buy gas or milk there anymore but they recently got a car repair shop.
80156929-E2F5-43B0-ABAB-9BC7C0AD7F63.jpeg

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I went for mental health break on the bike to pick up the letter K, this community hasn’t actually existed for a hundred years but the man that owns the farm that is on part of the former hamlet of Khiva maintains the sign. This community had reached it's peak in the mid 1800s and provided services, including a hotel, for the surrounding area. When transportation improved the town faded away.

F94694AE-F3B2-493C-BE8B-4E2CF9B4BBF6.jpeg

8A361004-0A7A-48C2-823D-0E2E62F4EDCB.jpeg

Top Bottom