• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

ON: A-Z (Round 9)

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
You really do need to get a job ;) Just loaded the photo I took of Vanastra sign with the bike to the iPad and then found I was too slow. Not one to waste pixels here is the photo I was going to use.

60D5B6BD-35A9-483A-A503-01D858E65412.jpeg
Vanastra is an old airforce base that was involved in the developing of radar in the 1940s and then they are famous for Stephen Truscott who was one of the last people sentenced to death in Canada, fortunately his sentence was changed to life before the execution and then the ultimate repeal of capital punishment.

Last edited:

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Took a detour through

B29C34EA-9D27-4A54-A379-DD65AF07CB3C.jpeg
on the way home.
It was a beautiful day for a ride even though it hit 32C before I got home.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Good call on going to Y, my alphabet has an X but looking at Ontario there seems to be no community starting with that letter.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Good call on going to Y, my alphabet has an X but looking at Ontario there seems to be no community starting with that letter.
When I did a search for cities and townships that begin wit "X" it seemed only some type of radar stations located throughout Ontario, the closest being near Chatham, only a coordinates were listed and no guarantee finding them. Then there are cities like Exeter that sound like "X" can you stand outside your shop and take a picture? ;)

STOC #
You guys have to get back to work.:biggrin: I can't believe how fast the Tag is moving this week! I used to wait until a weekday and be able to take my time to pick up the next letter and not worry that two or three of you guys have already posted it before I got home.
I think I'll wait until the Z is posted before I rejoin this frenzy.

Woodchuck

(Lyle)
Bike
2018 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I did dig sumthin' up, letting the young feller remember that it wasn't that long ago he got this as one of his birthday presents........

P1020553.JPG
Thanks for the bad news, Lyle!
There will be a better chance for me to attend the 27th...the icicles should be off my beard by then..... ;)>
How time flies 6 years. We might just have to do a RTE when all this is behind us.
Thanks Ray for thinking of me.

Attachments

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Lyle, if you'd just go to the On-TAG thread, you'll see Jay found a nice Elmira eating place and it's just waiting for you to post up an RTE. In reasonable distance for many, I'd say...

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
You guys have to get back to work.:biggrin: I can't believe how fast the Tag is moving this week! I used to wait until a weekday and be able to take my time to pick up the next letter and not worry that two or three of you guys have already posted it before I got home.
It is fun to follow along electronically. Not as much fun as riding to these places, but glad to see that some people are out wearing tires out.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Zurich is 10 minutes up the road from me but if I was going for ZD I was hoping to get something I hadn’t posted before. There is a community (not officially recognized) within an hour from here I was thinking of but not sure they still have a sign, they do have a United Church cemetery though ;) I was going to go for it Saturday, or maybe find an A or B or C or.....

Bike
2020 Tracer 900GT
STOC #
STOC #
Zephyr has a sign, well at least on Google Maps from 2014 there was one. I was going to try for it yesterday but got sidetracked.

I'll try on Monday if someone else hasn't picked up another ZED before then.
Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 7.53.14 AM.png

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Zephyr and Zurich will have signs, been to both.... others on the list are former townships or corners, most likely don't have signs. I used to live near Zimmerman, basically a group of houses (and church) around a corner and there was a sign until the City of Burlington apparently removed it (no reason to IMHO). The church is not named Zimmerman.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Made it to Zion and all the residence are gathered. It looks like a prosperous farm region, big houses and an old school house just around the corner.

80E42475-4FAA-4BE1-9587-38992468795D.jpeg

37400EF6-6ACA-4260-A3B5-DD0FBAF8218E.jpeg

Top Bottom