New Scenic Photo Contest

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
I've spent many years enjoying the roads in the Alps. Over the last few years I've also gotten interested in what is at the top of some of the mountains I look up as I go zipping by, so now I stop once or twice a tour to ride up an easily accessible cable car to enjoy the view. Almost every cable car has a restaurant at the top. This one has become one of my favorites lunch stops overlooking the Brienzersee/Lake Brienz in Switzerland.

Swiss Lunch Stop.jpg

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
The Tremola Road - Switzerland. This cobblestone road is considered Switzerland's "longest" historical monument. It's the original Gotthard Pass route, replaced in the early 90's by a wider, faster paved pass road just visible via the square tunnel windows in the upper right corner of the picture.

Tremola Road Gotthard Pass.jpg

Bike
VStrom 650
The Tremola Road - Switzerland. This cobblestone road is considered Switzerland's "longest" historical monument. It's the original Gotthard Pass route, replaced in the early 90's by a wider, faster paved pass road just visible via the square tunnel windows in the upper right corner of the picture.

Tremola Road Gotthard Pass.jpg
I've ridden the St.Gotthard but never that one.
This is another pass that turns to Cobbles in Slovenia, best of all, they leave them until the twisty bits, lovely in the wet. I can't tell you what the view was like but the coffee was cheap.
Upt'North.
DSC01869.jpg

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I've seen snow at elevations in Yellowstone in June ... just depends on how high you plan on riding (elevation not intoxication ;) ).
I had trouble breathing last fall at 11,500 ft., so i guess i'll be below that. I have a one sip, no keys policy, but I love the humor. My kids live at 7,500 ft in Co, and after two margaritas, I had to b tucked in! Went thru Wolf Creek pass last sept and there was snow there. A damn scary notch to ride!

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I've seen snow at elevations in Yellowstone in June ... just depends on how high you plan on riding (elevation not intoxication ;) ).
Others think im nuts but i really loved the grasslands in ka, tx, ar etc. i saw bryce and the mile along with zion and the arches, but the best was the grasslands. It was so peaceful and beautiful.

Top Bottom