New Scenic Photo Contest

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
A photo near the top of the Grand St. Bernard Pass. The white building on the right in the background is in Switzerland, the brown building to the left is in Italy. The second photo shows my friends on their RT just cresting the high point of the pass going right by the side of the monestary. A foundation in Martigny takes care of the famous St. Bernard dogs, which are brought up to the monestary for the summer (according to Wikipedia). Plenty of toy dogs for sale at the booths in front of the white and brown buildings.

Grand St. Bernard Pass.jpgMatt and Judy Grand St Bernard.jpg

STOC #
Time to start planning another ride across the Great Plains. I'm missing seeing miles and miles of green fields! Here are two photos of Washita Battlefield and the last is lunch in Dodge City, highly recommend eating a steak. Washita was the first and only victory George Custer had over the natives by slaughtering them in their sleep. The tactics he used didn't work at Little Bighorn and illustrates his recklessness that shown through out his career. Following Custer's Trail is an interesting motorcycle ride.P7060015.JPG

Attachments

Bike
R1200rt
Time to start planning another ride across the Great Plains. I'm missing seeing miles and miles of green fields! Here are two photos of Washita Battlefield and the last is lunch in Dodge City, highly recommend eating a steak. Washita was the first and only victory George Custer had over the natives by slaughtering them in their sleep. The tactics he used didn't work at Little Bighorn and illustrates his recklessness that shown through out his career. Following Custer's Trail is an interesting motorcycle ride.
I was on west bound on Rt 89 in Montana coming into Great Falls and If you stand on the foot pegs you can see across the whole state.https://www.google.com/maps/@47.4307272,-110.9837271,3a,75y,305.76h,112.16t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBH0PPt2xY-U3OkqKEzj_9g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

STOC #
1. Arkansas Highway 1 as flat as it gets looking uphill towards the north. 2. Colorado National Monument off US 70 in western CO, glacier carved U-shaped canyon with a newer v-shaped river cut. Climate change in action. 3. MC parking at Carlsbad, New Mexico looking at the skyline. 4. Sand Dunes in Colorado. 5. That's Al crossing over the pass. 6. Mt Scott in southwest Oklahoma. Overlooks Ft Sill and you can hear troops firing practice rounds.

Attachments

Top Bottom