Westward Ho's

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Man, talk about a ride report.. this is great...

Jason declared himself "King of the Hill" and claimed all of the land he could see as his domain.

Then the King fell in the creek and got his boot all wet...

Now thats funny!!

I am very jealous at this time. While ya'll are having a great time, I have to get ready for work. :mad:

Stay safe

Trey
:biker:

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Talked Brad into climbing a rock outcropping so we could take his picture. What I was really hoping for was some action shots of him going a$$ over tea kettle on the way down. Didn't happen though. Bummer.

I mean, who knew the guy was freakin' Sherpa?

Attachments

NewsMag

R.I.P. - 2022/08/23
Rest In Peace
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Gopher & Newsmag -

We're leaving Kalispell and taking Route 93 south through Idaho and into Utah. Will be staying in Park City for one night before heading south through Moab and onto Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Don't know if yopu guys are along that route anywhere, but let us know.
You won't be going too near Gopher, but you will probably pass within a mile of my place on your way to Park City. When are you coming through?

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Enough Tom Foolery, back to the riding...

What a fantastic valley ranch this guy has! Lively stream, lush greenery, quite the spread.

Shame about that wicked curve on the road above him though. Wonder how many vehicles have dropped in for a visit to his land....

Attachments

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
You guys are having way too much of a good time. And wives and SO's wonder why road trips are so much fun. Keep up the good work.

John

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
You won't be going too near Gopher, but you will probably pass within a mile of my place on your way to Park City. When are you coming through?
Cool! We're staying in Park City at the Hampton Inn on Thursday night. Only gonna be there for one night. Stop by for a beer!

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
And wives and SO's wonder why road trips are so much fun.

Very true, John.

My wife will be meeting us in Santa Fe on Friday for three days of riding in that area. She'll lend both better looks and better behavior to the group before she dumps us and flys back home. Then we can get back to debauchery like it's supposed to be.

But I digress....

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Great shots and some beautiful country.
'Big sky'... and you're just on the plains... :)

Thanks!
Mark

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Continue to keep us poSTed. Looks like a great ride so far.

Let me know if ya get close to Kingman. Always hospitality at the CattHouse.

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
We arrive in town and get our rooms at the histroric Kalispell Grand Hotel in beautiful downtown Kalispell. Built in the early 1900's, the exterior hasn't changed much but the interior is quite nice with clean and comfortable rooms.

The lobby is replete with some antiques and some dead animal heads on the walls. Always wondered what they did with the rest of Moose....

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
After a quick shower and general clean up, we asked Cody the friendly desk clerk where we should go to eat and have a few beers. She suggested Red's White and Blues ( http://www.redsmontana.com/ ) - a scant block away.

Cody is a delightfully shy and unassuming girl. We'll have her cussing like a sailor and bicthin' with the best of them by week's end. Probably get her fired, too. But she sure can pick the good places to eat! Good food, great wine and beer list as well.

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Brad and I had the rack of ribs while Jason opted for a rather small Porterhouse steak. All were well prepared and get my recommendation.

Extensive beer list allowed us to imbide as we dined.

Watched, with great glee, two ladies making out at the bar. The waiter said they were thespians or something like that...

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Stumbled back to The Grand. Good thing it was lit rather brightly or I might have missed it in my alcoholic stupor.

Good night all, more pics later............

Bike
2020 Tracer 900GT
STOC #
There has to be a potential picture for the 2008 ST calendar some where amongst those great pics!

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Continue to keep us poSTed. Looks like a great ride so far.

Let me know if ya get close to Kingman. Always hospitality at the CattHouse.

Thanks George! Probably won't get that far south / west this time.
Be good to shoot the crap about the old HSTA days.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Stumbled back to The Grand. Good thing it was lit rather brightly or I might have missed it in my alcoholic stupor.

Good night all, more pics later............
I suspect so after that bottle of Chimay!!!
More great shots; my sister has a place just out of Whitefish.

Mark

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
<snip>

The lobby is replete with some antiques and some dead animal heads on the walls. Always wondered what they did with the rest of Moose....
I wanna know how fast that Moose was going when he hit the outer wall!! ;^)

Top Bottom