A 350 Km rideout

Bavaria on a Motorbike in spring really is a ride into God´s own bellybutton.
Met up with Superdirk at a Shelltanke just south of Prien on the A8 and took on the daunting ride to the Tatzelwurm. The Tatzelwurm, a fearsome creature out of Alpine myths, in reality it´s actually a small dragon, it doesn´t roar or breath fire, it whistles if you startle it. The Wolpertinger, on the other hand is the one you need to watch out for.
Our Tatzelwurm by the way is a waterfall, we got to the carpark at the bottom but it looked like a lot of "up" walking so we decided "Nah" and kept on riding.
Had a look at the German Austrian border and got sent back as expected by the soldiers who declined to be on the picture.
Lots of bendy-wendy, curvy-wurvy roads, not the hairpins and switchbacks of the high Alps, just gentle smooth "Zen" curves to enjoy. Except for one daft bugger on a Rapsöl (Repsol) kitted out bike with a death wish and hopefully a organ donor card.
By the way the picture of phantom Superdirk is what you get when you try to take a three hit picture with the camera on HD.

Attachments

Bike
2015 K1600 GTL E
2024 Miles
Cannot wait to go to Bayern again. Was not riding the last time in 2012. Maybe need to do a motorcycle trip. Thanks for sharing. My family, at least what is left are from Passau. They were refugees out of Sudatenland.

OP
OP
Slammer
Cannot wait to go to Bayern again. Was not riding the last time in 2012. Maybe need to do a motorcycle trip. Thanks for sharing. My family, at least what is left are from Passau. They were refugees out of Sudatenland.
Oh wow! Just the other day I saw that a Sudeten Museum has opened in the Au in Munich and put it on my list of things to see when we can.

Top Bottom